Software Engineer - GraphQL
Who We Are: We provide internal interfaces and tools to conveniently and efficiently access Twitter data from a variety of sources. Our work directly impacts the lives of our users and the success of our business.
Operating our own systems at hyper-growth levels is a rewarding challenge; it is what helps make us great. We are a tightly knit and passionate group that loves working together, and we are looking for exceptional additions to our flock. We challenge and support each other to do great work every day.
What You’ll Do: You'll join our product infrastructure team aiming to radically improve the way Twitter clients get their data. Day-to-day you'll be designing, building, and maintaining the Twitter GraphQL service, working to onboard new clients, and adding support for new kinds of data, as well as prototyping tools that support our the engineers building the core Twitter product.
Twitter GraphQL is already serving tens of millions of queries every day, and that's just the start.
You'll write user-friendly guides and documentation to make it easy for client and server engineers to start using GraphQL, and spend time with client teams to identify where GraphQL can be most valuable.
Your work will make our apps much more data-efficient, helping Twitter reach countries with developing telecommunications networks and allow client engineers to build high-quality products, fast.
At Twitter, you can have a truly global impact.
- An interest in GraphQL or related technology
- Built and maintained high-performance, scalable systems
- Great verbal and written communication skills, with a desire to work closely with internal customers to understand their needs and solve their problems
- Experience in API & service architecture design
- Solid understanding of the client/server technology stack (HTTP, REST, compression, serialization)
- Experience with Scala, Java, Clojure or other server-side technology
- Experience working on a native (iOS or Android) or web application, so you understand the complexities and requirements of client-side software engineers
- Endless curiosity and ability to work both collaboratively and independently
Blog Post about GraphQL at Twitter: https://about.sourcegraph.com/graphql/graphql-at-twitter
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.