Senior Network Tools Developer - Infrastructure Management Services
Who we are:
Twitter’s real-time ecosystem operates at massive scale. We are looking for engineers who can develop simple services and tools to manage Twitter network infrastructure. We serve a diverse and growing set of customers who rely on you and your team to help them be more efficient and effective in their jobs. You will be responsible for building systems providing the visibility and automation required to manage Twitter’s global network infrastructure, which delivers billions of tweets and supports 300M+ users.
What you’ll do:
- Design scalable solutions that enable simple and elegant management and implementation of complex network infrastructure systems.
- Implement network management software in a reliable and sustainable manner.
- Support and maintain your software systems to ensure a high quality customer experience.
- Collaborate with, learn from, and mentor teammates.
Who you are:
- Demonstrated ability to write modular and well tested code.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of industry experience at a large-scale internet service
- Fluency in Python, Java, and/or Scala or similar (Python strongly preferred)
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Comfortable working in a small, fast-growing, and dynamic development environment
- Good experience with large networking infrastructure. Familiar with the different OSI layers, CDN and load balancer
- Good knowledge of major network protocols such as IP (TCP, UDP), BGP, ISIS, MPLS, DHCP and DNS.
- Experience interacting with Cisco, Arista and Juniper devices through Netconf and Rest APIs
- Link to your portfolio of websites, personal projects, github repo, or technology blog is a plus
- Not afraid of a challenge at scale
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.