Safety Policy Domain Specialist - Trust & Safety
Are you a strong team player who’s passionate about protecting people from online abuse? Are you interested in exploring unique challenges at the intersection of safety and freedom of expression that require a multidisciplinary approach and creative solutions? Excited about the idea of working as part of a global, diverse team? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
Who We Are:
The teams in Twitter’s Trust & Safety department are on the front lines of safety, expression, and policy issues that affect the Internet. Safety Policy works to ensure user trust, protect user rights, and mitigate legal risk through policy definition, Terms of Service enforcement, and safety advocacy. We innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We’re a learning organization with a growth mindset, and we’re always looking for ways to improve our policies and ourselves.
We are seeking an experienced, motivated teammate to join our team in San Francisco.
What You’ll Do:
You will be responsible for researching, drafting, and driving process changes for policy and safety solutions to better serve our customers. You will build relationships with key internal partners and work with those teams to implement, enforce, and communicate our policies in a clear, objective, and patient way. You will drive data-based decisions and implement key changes to improve policy performance over time. You will handle escalations for complex cases and will participate in an emergency on-call rotation.
Who You Are:
- You are passionate about protecting user privacy and freedom of expression and have a deep understanding of global online safety and abuse matters.
- You are resilient and enjoy working independently.
- You have the ability to anticipate needs, develop, and implement solutions.
- You are extremely detail-oriented and patient, with extraordinary communication skills.
- You are enthusiastic, adaptable, and can quickly translate feedback into action.
Strongly preferred experience:
- 3+ years experience working on content policy and/or online abuse matters
- Prior experience working in a globally distributed team
- Experience in operations & process improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education / experience
- Fluency in multiple language(s)
NOTE: Telecommuting is not an option; this role is in San Francisco, CA Please be sure to specify all languages and level of fluency in your application/resume.
Here’s all the legal good stuff
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.