Records Manager - Compliance
Twitter is looking for a Records Manager to be responsible for building and maintaining a global records management program across Twitter, executing on a strategic and comprehensive vision for records lifecycle management. It’s an opportunity to build, from the ground up, a program tailored to Twitter’s needs and requirements.
We're looking for an experienced professional who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad responsibilities including:
- Contribute to the ongoing development of information governance strategy.
- Develop further and implement Twitter’s records management policies, standards and guidelines for both physical and electronic records.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure that records management policies, standards and guidelines, including records retention schedules, are kept up to date and implemented effectively.
- Develop strong partnerships with key legal, data, security, information technology, product, engineering, and revenue stakeholders across Twitter concerning all major information systems to ensure that records management functionality appropriate to the records/information assets they support is included in system design, including the metadata requirements necessary to achieve this functionality.
- Create, manage, and prioritize work around embedding and operationalizing the records management program across all platforms and applications, including incorporation of communications and other peripheral applications that may hold data and records.
- Partner with legal and audit teams to ensure that financial, regulatory, legal or administrative requirements and regulations are complied with
- Identify, train, and lead a team of records management champions across the organization to support the records management program.
- Oversee corporate wide activities and events in support of managing the complete records lifecycle.
- Facilitate communications among key stakeholders in matters relating to records/information assets and the management of risks to those assets.
- Conduct periodic internal reviews of files to ensure compliance to policy and best-practices.
- Plans, organizes, directs, reviews, coordinates, and establishes controls for all records management activities.
- Make steady and continuous progress through reliable execution and partnership.
Who You Are
- Experienced in designing and implementing a scalable records management program for both scheduled and non-scheduled records, regardless of medium or format, including awareness of information management principles and familiarity with information management systems and archives
- Ability to review files for content/determination of file classification into scheduled/non-scheduled records and program artifacts, and manage disposition accordingly.
- Flexible, hard-working and a creative problem solver, comfortable with generating new and innovative solutions as we build the records management program.
- Demonstrated detail-oriented self-starter, acting with initiative and the ability to work independently
- Works closely and proactively to ensure that records/information assets are managed to ensure accountability, protect the interests of Twitter, Twitter users, and other stakeholders, and mitigate records-related litigation risks.
- A good grasp of new technology and adapting to new IT packages and systems
- Strong project management and organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Strong influencing skills and a great team player, able to engage with high performance teams and colleagues in different functions and at different levels in the company
- Confidence with using bespoke and standard databases, software and operating systems.
- Forward-thinking and strategic, looking not only at what will work now, but what will work 3 or 5 or more years from now
- Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and seven to nine years of related experience
- Master's degree in a related field preferred.
- Skilled in file archive and collaborative tools management.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!