IT Application Engineer - Workday Developer
Who We Are
Twitter is a growing organization that faces new challenges as it evolves. The IT Enterprise Applications (ITEA) WorkDay platform team focuses on building and supporting Twitter’s WorkDay platform and integrations.
ITEA is collectively responsible for establishing processes for continual improvement, guiding administration, and partnering with multiple internal teams on a project-to-project basis. Our mission is to keep our business running effectively while maintaining a healthy application environment.
What You’ll Do
The responsibility of this position includes integration using core connectors, enhancement of complex Studio integrations, custom report writing including BIRT, integration testing for Workday upgrades and strong custom development skills. You will work with connected technology teams and stakeholders to provide a great Workday experience. You will build systems to enable seamless, secure, and robust access to applications that support our internal customers and their operational needs while keeping Twitter systems stable and secure.
Who You Are
To continually strengthen our growing team, we are looking for an experienced Workday developer, to help guide the design and development of highly scalable business application solutions. As an integral member of the broader IT Enterprise Applications team, this position will be responsible for developing creative solutions in support of our business partner’s evolving requirements. If this sounds like you, you probably have experience with these responsibilities:
- Oversee the design, development and deployment of Workday based solutions to internal business teams within Twitter
- Mentoring junior team members, and supporting a best-in-class IT engineering team
- Provide leadership and guidance to develop or improve business process automation solutions for internal Twitter teams, specifically around the employee lifecycle
- Collaborate with architects and other engineers to develop technical designs and solution recommendations
- Partner with vendors, internal IT Product Managers and work with multiple business partners to develop solutions against departmental roadmaps
- Partner with other internal engineering teams and third party vendors to develop consistent and scalable solutions
- Collaborate with internal audit and compliance teams to identify, remediate, and prevent issues & risks
- Responsible for guiding design, code review, and release management as part of the oversight of our internal software development lifecycle
- Work with other members of the broader IT Enterprise Applications team for coordinated solution delivery
- Collaborate with production operations team to deploy functionality and provide post-production support
- Bachelor's Degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS/CIS or equivalent work experience
- Ability to translate business needs to technical solutions
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in an aggressive, fast paced environment managing multiple priorities
- Team oriented approach
- 3 to 5 years of experience on
- Enterprise wide integration on Workday
- Developing on Workday using core connectors including PICOF, Cloud Connect for Benefits and Payroll
- Developing and supporting custom integrations using Workday Studio and EIBs
- Working with production environments, supporting operational issues
- Working with BIRT
- Experience testing for Workday upgrades
- Knowledge of SOA design principles desired
- Exposure to Workday configuration and custom development strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of data management technologies
- Experience in SOAP-based WebServices design and development required
- Desire application development experience with XML/XSLT
- Proficiency working within a defined SDLC process
- Consuming requirements documents
- Writing design documents
- Working in a source-controlled environment
- Experience working within an Agile development framework
- Disciplined approach in producing and maintaining documentation
Here’s all the legal good stuff: We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.