IT Application Engineer - AEM Platform (Singapore)
Who We Are
At Twitter our IT Enterprise Applications team focuses on implementing and supporting applications to help our internal customers meet their operational needs. We are responsible for establishing processes for continual improvement, guiding administration, and partnering with multiple stakeholders on a project-to-project basis. Our mission is to keep our business running effectively while maintaining a healthy application environment.
What You’ll Do
To support the development of Twitter’s non-product suite of websites you will partner with internal customers to enable a seamless experience. You will work with the IT team to maintain the AEM environment, partner with internal customers to build new templates, review code for partner-developed sites, and coordinate site deployments.
Who You Are
To strengthen our growing team, we are looking for an experienced Software Engineer for our AEM platform team to help guide the design and development of highly scalable digital marketing sites using the AEM platform.
If this sounds like you, you probably have experience with:
- AEM 6.x Technologies - Responsible for working hands on alongside the project manager and contractor teams for successful delivery of our content management enterprise services and applications for various customer business groups
- Other responsibilities include developing conceptual and detailed technical specs, reviewing all technical components of the implementations including code reviews, and oversight of overall code management, integration testing and UAT
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Experience in developing highly available, heavy traffic customer facing websites
- Must be able to brainstorm and communicate technology ideas and issues with peers, software architects and IT management
- Proven ability to manage to deadlines and meet cost constraints
- Experience Developing digital consumer experiences based on foundation of the Adobe CQ/AEM product suite
- At-least 5 years of strong Web Content Management experience with Adobe AEM implementing 2+ full cycle AEM projects
- Development experience in core Java, J2EE, Sightly, Adobe AEM 6.x, RESTful web services
- Solid experience with AEM building blocks including templates, components, dialogs, widgets and bundles
- Experience on Java Content Repository (API) suite, Sling web framework, Sling Servlets and Apache Felix OSGi framework
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading / caching)
- UX -Modern front end frameworks (Angular, jQuery/ Extjs, Bootstrap, LESS, etc.)
- CI/Testing/Build/Source - Experience with Continuous Integration and Automated test execution and building tools such as Jenkins, and Maven
- Experience deploying AEM applications to Dev, QA, Production environments and AEM version migrations
- Working knowledge in Git, Maven and Artifactory
Ideally, you would also have experience with:
- Familiarity with Tag management using Adobe DTM familiarity with A/B Testing and Adobe Target
- Apache Mesos/Apache Aurora - Twitter's platform technologies
- Experience with personalization and SEO in AEM projects AEM related SEO best practices
- Previous experience with CQ5
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience within an enterprise environment
- Background working within an Agile environment
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.