Head of Demand, MoPub Japan (Tokyo)
As Head of Demand, MoPub Japan, you’ll be responsible for building partnerships with the largest direct marketers in Japan and other regional markets, and oversee relationships with the top Demand-Side Platforms (DSPs) in Japan.
You will be responsible for driving the regional strategy to increase Share of Wallet from DSPs and onboarding new marketers onto the platform. You’ll be setting revenue forecasts and team achievement while tracking key metrics to identify trends, ensure we are meeting goals, highlighting potential issues, and act as an escalation point for strategic partners. The role will also be expected to have a strong voice in the overall development of Marketplace products and the company product roadmap.
This role reports to the Managing Director, MoPub, Asia-Pacific/Japan.
You’re a strategic thinker and you understand the big picture. You are driven by high achievement revenue growth. You thrive in a fast-paced, high intensity/high impact, and rapidly evolving environment. You have extensive experience in mobile programmatic, media partnerships and business development. You have excellent communication skills. You have experience in managing teams. You are intimately informed about trends in the programmatic space and familiar with the dynamics of marketplace businesses taking into consideration both our publisher and marketers needs. You are team player with a can-do mentality. You are a self-starter and able to operate effectively in ambiguous settings.
- Build MoPub’s presence and awareness with direct marketers in Japan and other top markets, in order to influence programmatic spend on the MoPub platform
- Responsible for building a pipeline of new direct marketers for MoPub to engage with to grow programmatic spend and overseeing the deal closing and execution with these marketers
- Set the demand team strategy to increase MoPub Share of Wallet with regional DSPs and own the execution against quarterly and annual goals
- Attend QBRs, Bootcamps & partner strategy meetings, while fostering C-level Executive relationships and be responsible for all escalations and ensuring we maintain the top level of service to our partners.
- Provide strong leadership by establishing clear direction, fostering a productive culture, nurturing relationships with functional leads and inspiring individuals to reach their full potential.
- Identify and implement best practices for the Marketplace, ensuring that the team is always up to date with the newest product & technical solutions.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively across cross functional leadership on the Publisher, Sales Engineering, Analytics, Sales Ops, Accounting, Legal and Sales Finance teams.
- Collaborate on new ways to service & optimize partner relationships, relying on previous knowledge & experience working with the various DSPs.
- Provide feedback to Marketing, PMM and Product stakeholders to influence the roadmap and narrative towards European clients
- Monitor, track and analyze performance to ensure the region is hitting its goals.
- Drive areas for improvement across tools, systems, and process with the operations and product teams.
- Help define and execute on the long term vision and strategy for the team and contribute to management of day-to-day operations.
- Eight-10 years of experience selling advertising-related solutions in the programmatic landscape and the network to prove it
- Proven ability to understand client needs and build ongoing relationships across all levels of organizations
- People-management experience of at least two years highly preferred
- Exceptional storytelling skills: deliver winning presentations about agency and end client focused solutions
- Substantial mobile or programmatic experience
- Regional experience: Demonstrated history of working effectively and with a deep knowledge of the Japanese advertising market. Highly desirable to have knowledge and experience in Korea and/or Greater China, though not required.
- Language skills: Japanese fluency required; working-level proficiency in English required. Working-level proficiency in one of the following languages highly desirable: Korean, Mandarin Chinese.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.