User Researcher, Consumer Product - Health
Who You Are:
Twitter is committed to helping increase the collective health, openness, and civility of public conversation, and to holding ourselves publicly accountable toward progress (you can read more here). You’re passionate about Twitter and the broader intersection between technology, society, and Health. You believe great experiences are always inspired by a deep understanding of the user. You’re a researcher with a strong, working understanding of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies. You know when to engage with teams across Design, Product, Engineering, what questions to ask, where to probe, and how to implement the most effective research strategies. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy setting your own research goals, managing load and expectations, and delivering actionable research findings and recommendations.
What You’ll Do:
- Help teams more deeply understand our users by working closely with Design, Engineering, and Product to build in research at multiple stages of the product development process
- Ensure that teams are asking the right research questions and are balancing company goals with user needs.
- Translate research questions into a research approach. Develop a research roadmap, schedule, and detailed plan for each project.
- Deliver timely and tangible insights and prioritized recommendations to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other members of the user research and data science team to understand how your work fits into the broader context and where there are similar patterns and insights.
- Contribute to the broader research team by participating in team crits, identifying and leading areas of improvement, and bringing knowledge and insights back to the team
- Experience with research methodologies such as in-depth interviews, ethnographic field research, lab and remote usability testing, heuristic evaluations, card sorting, surveys
- Excellent written and verbal communication, able to distill complex concepts
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple research projects
- BS, MS, or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Sociology, Social Psychology, Anthropology, or related field preferred
- 2+ years conducting user experience research and/or market research is preferred - with a good understanding of both qualitative and quantitative methods
- (Bonus) Experience conducting research at the intersection of technology, news, journalism, and health (trust, civility, etc)
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!