Supply Chain - Vendor Manager
Who are We:
Twitter Supply Engineering team is seeking an expert and motivated Infrastructure Supply Chain Program Manager who is passionate about developing supplier base for building out large scale hardware infrastructure to join our team. We are looking for a team member with a proven operational track record of managing ODMs for server/storage and network equipment designed for deployment at data centers.
What You'll do:
As a Supply Chain Program Manager you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a complex supply chain ecosystem for Twitter’s growing hardware fleet. You have a proven operational track record in planning new product introductions and ramp for server/storage systems and key components vendor management, designing and maintaining hardware replenishment and fulfillment plans, align schedules with Supply Planning and Hardware Engineering on new server qualification to ramp transitions, and engage with Data Center Engineering on hardware deployment schedules. You will integrate these wide variety of activities to deliver hardware capacity for Twitter’s growing hardware fleet.
This position will offer an exciting work environment, multi-functional exposure and chance to create an impact on Twitter's Infrastructure delivery and customer satisfaction by driving processes, solutions and supply chain management tools.
Who You Are:
- You will have a high level of engagement with Twitter’s Supply Planning, Hardware + Network Engineering and Data Center teams on compute, storage and network hardware
- You will collaborate with hardware engineering on new project plans, vendor selections, hardware qualification and deployment timelines
- You will manage all aspects of materials execution within a product’s supply chain from hardware design through end of production phases of product’s life cycle
- You will be the supplier relationship owner for clear-to-build, cost, quality, and delivery
- You will lead strategic negotiations with server vendors, including negotiations on cost reductions, and manage RFPs and purchase proposal analysis
- You will have responsibility for executing commercial contracts and quarterly business reviews
- You will create and maintain strategic supplier strategies
- Develop cost forecasts for capital expenditure projections
- Provide direction on delivery logistics and negotiate freight options
- Keep a deep knowledge/expertise in managing new product development and ramp with server manufacturers
- You will collaborate with Hardware Design Engineering on delivery timelines of new platforms
- Degree in Finance, Engineering, Computer Science or other quantitative field
- 6+ years professional experience in supply chain management in manufacturing industry. Strong preference for experience managing ODMs on storage/compute server builds.
- Experience involving quantitative data analysis to tackle problems.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, with a persistent attention to detail.
- Capture and define tooling and process requirements to improve the Twitter hardware delivery lifecycle.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Key competencies required in this position are cloud hardware supply chain knowledge, interpersonal savvy, priority setting, problem solving, time management. Strong process and systems focus.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco Applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!