Sr. Software Engineer (Full Stack & Systems) - Abuse Engineering
Who We are:
We believe that everyone should have the power to create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers. However, to achieve this we need to protect the experience and safety of people who use Twitter. Twitter’s Abuse team builds features and large scale infrastructure projects to detect and prevent abuse on the platform while also providing users the ability to control their experience.
What You’ll Do:
As a software engineer at Twitter, you will help us build, scale and maintain user facing products and large scale systems, all of which have a direct impact on the lives of our users and the success of our business. Through a mix of user-facing features and automated detection, you will help make Twitter a safe platform for everyone to share their views with the world.
Who You Are:
- You will build and maintain high-performance, scalable Safety systems
- You will work on user-facing features, as well as automated detection using data mining and machine learning
- You will develop elegant solutions to complex problems
- Code using Java, Scala
- Experience with backend infrastructure, distributed systems, performance analysis, and/or large-scale data processing
- Experience with standard software engineering methodology (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation). Strong algorithms and data structures background
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!