Software Engineer, Systems - Push Recommendations
Who We Are
Push Recommendations refers to a family of recommendations that are sent via push notifications to Twitter users. The ambition of Twitter is to be the platform that enables healthy, public conversation; this makes push notifications an apt and powerful channel. The goal of the Push Recommendations product is to send delightful notifications that tell the user what they need to know, when they need to know, and how they can join the conversation. All of these combine to help fuel Twitter’s growth. As we send hundreds of millions of pushes picked from hundreds of billions of candidates, our team tackles the exciting challenges of building a world-class recommendation system that scales both in infrastructure and quality.
What You’ll Do:
As an engineer on our team, you will face difficult software engineering challenges. The scale at which your systems operate will require not only producing and using highly-performant algorithms and data structures but also solving complex problems involving distributed systems.
You will have the opportunity to work on some of the world’s most highly-scaled distributed systems. You will use graph analysis and machine learning to solve modeling and ranking problems across different products. You will collaborate with Product, Design and multiple teams across the company to innovate on the Twitter product and make it the best place to quickly see and talk about what's happening in the world.
Who You Are
- You are passionate about recommendation systems, social graph, and large-scale data processing.
- You have expertise building massively scalable systems and have experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, and performance analysis.
- You are able to effectively communicate technical ideas to and collaborate with both technical and non-technical peers.
- You are passionate about making Twitter a delightful experience for users.
- Strong algorithms, data structures and coding background
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience with working on machine learning systems at scale, data mining, ranking and recommendation systems.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!