Software Engineer, Systems - Discovery (Boston)
Help us continually improve our understanding of the vast number of tweets flowing through our platform so that we can delight our users with best-in-class product experiences.
Who We Are
Twitter wants to delight its users with meaningful and relevant content. We believe that content understanding is necessary for this and that content understanding all starts with understanding the world that we are all a part of.
- We are an agile team that is passionate about enabling awesome experiences for Twitter users with the results of our work.
- We build low latency data ingestion pipelines to bring realtime data into Twitter, big data pipelines to gain insights into vast amounts of data, low latency services to classify content and bring our data to Twitter product services, and vast suites of rich tooling to bring all of this together with human insight.
- We have many difficult challenges ahead and need your help to drive visible product impact with our data!
What You’ll Do
- You will join a team of engineers who love what they do and work with them to deliver astonishing amounts of products with higher quality than anyone could do individually.
- You will build high throughput systems and work with vast amounts of data.
- You will be faced with many challenges that need creative problem solving and novel applications of state-of-the-art technologies.
- Someone in this role is expected to mentor others at times, but also to be mentored by others in order to grow.
- Most importantly, you’ll be expected to keep our internal and external customers in mind and build meaningful products focused on them.
Who You Are
We are looking for someone with a strong technical background who loves solving new and challenging problems. The ideal candidate would have a demonstrated history of owning their work and successfully building large scale systems with a user focus.
If this sounds like it might be you, you probably also:
- Have worked on large scale systems or data pipelines
- Are able to effectively communicate technical ideas to others
- Can work with multiple teams on integration plans and multi-team designs
- Are delighted by elegant solutions while also be mindful of real customer needs and deadlines.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong experience building backend services with technologies such as Java or Scala.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!