Software Engineer, Systems - Content Understanding & Applied Deep Learning
Twitter's Consumer Product Teams are responsible for core features of Twitter, which include Timelines, Tweets, Search, Trends, Recommendations, Notifications, and more! Our code operates at massive scale and speed, serving billions of requests per day, connecting hundreds of millions of active Twitter users to what’s happening.
Who We Are:
At Twitter, our mission is to instantly connect users to the information most meaningful to them. Content understanding team empowers various consumer product teams with signals derived with innovative machine learning technologies at the intersection of Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning. Our current work is focused around entities and how they are linked to each other and the ever changing world, a challenging task at Twitter’s scale.
Who You Are:
- You have a passion for machine learning and relevance infrastructure.
- You are a team player.
- You're excited to ramp up on new technologies, have the ability to take on complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persist towards a good solution.
- You are adamant about understanding customer needs and enabling their success through our products.
- You take pride in polishing and supporting our products.
What You'll Do:
- You will help integrate and scale deep learning and NLP models with Twitter’s serving, cloud and data infrastructure.
- You will participate in the engineering life-cycle at Twitter, including designing distributed systems, writing production code, conducting code reviews and working alongside our infrastructure and reliability teams.
- Optimize the performance of the overall stack and debugging performance bottlenecks in production ML applications.
- Work closely with product managers, engineers and stakeholders across the company.
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent degree and 2+ years of work experience.
- Distributed systems experience.
- Experience with at least one JVM based language, preferably Java 8 or Scala.
Nice to have:
- Experience with large scale machine learning pipelines and relevance infrastructure.
- Familiarity with Hadoop / MapReduce and data processing pipelines.
- Experience with performance engineering.
- Knowledge of ML/DL fundamentals for synergetic knowledge sharing within the team.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.