Senior Software Engineer, Platform Security
Who We Are
The Information Security (InfoSec) organization plays a key role within the trust and security program at Twitter. The Platform Security team is a part of the Information Security Program and focuses on executing large engineering efforts on the twitter stack that addresses significant gaps in our overall security capabilities. The team develops and maintains Twitter’s core security services. The team also builds the tools & automation to improve Twitter’s application security posture & promote security by default.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Platform Security team, your primary responsibility will be to design and build our core security services and systems. You will work with other engineers on the team to solve difficult but exciting distributed system design and implementation problems. You will help us identify and fix issues to improve scalability, performance and simplicity of our platform.
Who You Are
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or similar technical field
- 7+ years experience developing large scale distributed systems
- Fluent in one or more JVM based language such as Java (or Scala)
- Strong software engineering best practices (e.g. coding, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Likes to solve hard problems, eager to learn new things, communicates clearly and loves to work in a collaborative environment
- You are not afraid of a challenge at scale
- Ideally you can provide a link to your portfolio of websites, personal projects, github repo, or technology blog
- Basic understanding of security concepts such as TLS is required.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!