Senior Design Program Manager – UX Strategy + Ops
Who You Are:
You’re an experienced manager with a passion for operations and systems. You love the challenge of simplifying the complex and live for the hum of a high performing, high functioning, happy, healthy team. You believe that operations serves as the fundamental backbone for team performance. You hold a high bar for rigor and setting standards across operation efforts.
You understand ux design, and its relationship with product, research and engineering teams. The value of it, the process of it, and the impact that it has on people’s lives.
You lead complex, diverse work, projects or programs that positively impacts design team performance. You partner effectively with organizational stakeholders and represent the design ops team as a functional expert. You set your own goals, work priorities and make necessary adjustments to deliver the best results. You serve as a solutions partner for the team as well as your cross-functional partners in engineering, research, and product management.
You manage internal and/or external stakeholders. You can communicate complex ideas clearly. Give others constructive feedback and drive conversations towards a positive conclusion. Bring a solutions first approach to problems and can influence across teams to achieve results. Make decisions that impact your work and contribute towards broader team decision making. Model our values and hold others accountable for demonstrating them.
You direct the work of your team by setting individual and team goals that align with organizational impact. Manage work planning, timelines and milestones. Give actionable
feedback that drives improvement in performance. Create opportunities for others to learn and develop. Build the culture and processes that create a healthy and high performing team.
What You’ll Do:
- Help build a program management foundation that fuels ux design excellence and help formalize standardized processes across program management functions
- Build matrixed, cross-functional relationships, influence people at multiple levels of the organization, and create consensus while dealing with ambiguity
- Ensure programs are properly resourced, driving problem solving and accountability, and providing transparency to executive staff
- Manage the ux design team workflow and lead communication with partner stakeholders
- Lead project management of key ux design projects, from co-creation of project briefs to establishing and reaching key milestones
- Proactively anticipate and remove barriers and friction in the project process
- Work closely with our design managers and leads to regularly improve team communication and process
- Identify and help to build design education and learning opportunities for the team to grow
- Play an active role in shaping the design team culture. From inspiration to fun to learning
- Actively help to raise the profile of Twitter Design inside and outside the organization
- 5-7 years of experience in program management in a high growth/fast past environment at a leading enterprise/ consumer technology company, agency or consulting firm.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, while staying on top of tactical execution details with a consistent track record of performance excellence
- Track record of running complex development programs and delivering successful results.
- Seasoned in leading multidisciplinary design projects and collaborating effectively with design and design partners (e.g. engineering, product and research teams)
- An appreciation for design, quality, consistency, and efficiency
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!