Self Serve Business Director
Build, Manage, and Drive Twitter’s Self Serve Data efforts - delivering on all business and sales objectives.
Who We Are:
The Data and Enterprise Solutions (“DES”) group at Twitter is responsible for the partner ecosystem of B2B and B2C developers that build solutions using Twitter’s extensive API set. Through our partners and customers, Twitter helps brands better understand their customers, maximize their advertising programs, build competitive products, and provide unparalleled customer service.
Twitter is seeking a “Business Director, Self Serve Solutions” who will be responsible for driving revenue through our emerging self serve data API offerings. This role will responsible for the overall success of DES’s self serve offerings as we drive this new segment towards the ‘art of the possible.’ You will drive and direct a cross-functional team in all aspects of sales, marketing, and support for this product and customer set, while providing strong customer-driven guidance to our product team.
- Driving Revenue through team building, strategic planning, and goal attainment
- Manage, Build, and Mentor a professionally oriented, goal driven, and strategically focused inside Sales Team that will support DES’s self-serve offer set.
- Drive revenue-producing outcomes through collaboration with marketing, enabling a strong self-serve lead nurturing, conversion, and communications model.
- Ensure customer success through interaction and co-development of appropriate technical support, education, and services offerings.
- Interface with our Enterprise API team to identify strategic or rapidly growing accounts that should move to our ‘managed’ tier for individualized development.
- Work with our Sales Operations team to identify and report on core segment KPIs at both the detailed ‘everyday’ management level as well as higher level executive reporting.
- In conjunction with our finance team, build quarterly and yearly forecasts.
- Build resourcing plans based on growth targets and expansion needs.
- Enable new opportunities aligning partner products and services with Twitter’s channels,
- Ensure that self-serve customer’s’ voice, opinions, ideas and feedback are being conveyed back to Twitter and its Product Development teams.
- 5+ years of relevant Senior Sales Management experience in a SaaS technology role, preferably with a self-serve focus and inside sales.
- Strong familiarity with software developers who build products across a wide variety of industries and solution sets.
- Understanding of APIs, data platforms and software tools used by those product organizations.
- Multi-discipline awareness, with demonstrated success collaborating with marketing, support, and product organizations. Foundational understanding of how those functions operate.
- Metrics and analytics driven decision maker. Must develop and report on key business KPIs, grounding decisions in business analytics. Knows how to work with Sales Operations function to generate appropriate reporting and dashboarding.
- Sharp strategic thinker who can design and execute on a vision. History of running quickly with little supervision. Ability to adapt to and lead through fast-paced, high-growth, uncertain environments.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills. Ability to speak fluently to senior executives, salespeople and product managers.
- MBA or similar post-graduate degree preferred.
- Fluency in commercial agreements and the ability to write and negotiate complex agreements outside of standard sales contracts
- Infectious passion for Twitter with a clear understanding of social data ecosystem.
Role is based in Boulder or San Francisco
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.”
“San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.”
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!