Safety Policy Specialist (Weekend coverage) - Trust & Safety
Are you a strong team player with an interest in online safety? Are you a critical thinker with excellent judgement and attention to detail? Can you manage multiple priorities and thrive in a dynamic environment? Does the idea of working as part of a global, diverse team interest you? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
Who we are:
The teams in Twitter’s Trust & Safety department are on the front lines of safety, expression, and policy issues that affect the Internet. Safety Policy works to ensure user trust, protect user rights, and mitigate legal risk through policy definition, Terms of Service enforcement, and safety advocacy. We innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We’re a learning organization with a growth mindset, and we’re always looking for ways to improve our policies and ourselves.
We are seeking an experienced, motivated teammate to join our team in San Francisco to respond to high priority issues in an efficient manner and educate colleagues about our policies & processes.
What you’ll do:
You will investigate, document, and follow up on time-sensitive global safety-related cases, handling high-profile safety issues from all over the world. You will build relationships with key internal partners and communicate our policies in a clear, objective, and patient way. You will assist the broader team with researching, drafting, and driving process & policy changes to better serve our customers. The nature of this role requires that you work part weekend shifts (Sunday to Thursday or Tuesday to Saturday).
Who you are:
- You have experience prioritizing & handling high volumes of inbound correspondence
- You are extremely detail-oriented and patient, with extraordinary communication skills
- You are resilient and enjoy working independently
- You are passionate about protecting user privacy and freedom of expression
- You are enthusiastic, adaptable and can quickly translate feedback into action
You’ll be responsible for:
- Organizing and prioritizing inbound requests
- Investigating, documenting, and resolving safety-related issues and correspondence, meeting deadlines and internal SLAs
- Providing clear, helpful, and complete responses to time-sensitive requests and issues
- Maintaining open, thorough, and regular communication with the global team
- Communicating explanations of policies and enforcement processes to cross-functional partners
- Assisting the team with policy-related research & drafting as needed
- Participating in emergency on-call rotation
Strongly preferred experience:
- Prior experience at a tech company
- Prior experience working in a globally distributed team
- Experience in operations & process improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education / experience
- Fluency in other language(s)
NOTE: Telecommuting is not an option; this role is in San Francisco, CA. Please be sure to specify all languages and level of fluency in your application/resume.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!