Revenue Strategy and Operations Manager, Japan (Tokyo)
Who we are:
The Revenue Strategy and Operations team @ Twitter partners with Global Sales teams to drive revenue, craft and execute sales strategy and manage all internal systems to drive productivity.
What you will do:
As a Revenue Strategy and Operations Manager (RSOM), you will be a member of the the Japan team and looked to as a leader in the organisation. You will build and execute core operational processes - such as business planning, reporting, and ongoing business operations management. In your role, you will also take up broad spectrum special projects ranging from designing resource allocation models to managing roll-out and reporting of new sales enhancement process/platforms and tools. Your job will also include in-depth quantitative analysis of key Twitter usage trends/inventory analysis in addition to other sales operations metrics with particular focus on problem solving and creation of scaled systems and processes. You will work very closely with Senior Sales leaders in the Operations and Sales teams to quickly understand issues and implement solutions.
The Japan role is also part of the broader Asia Pacific (APAC) team, and responsibilities often extend to cross-region projects, potentially impacting business from India to Australia.
You will be a self-starter, independent thinker, deeply analytical and detailed-oriented, but capable of working in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. Our team does not shy away from rolling up our sleeves, slicing and dicing massive sets of information, and building solutions to problems that have not been taken on yet. Your hunger for working with data is only matched by your hunger for working at Twitter.
What does success in this role look like?
You will embed yourself with the sales team and become the strategy and operations backbone for those teams. Present strategic insights and recommendations to senior management and partners in the Sales, Finance, Revenue and Marketing, and Support organisations critical to maintaining or developing long-term relationships with key brands and agencies. You are the go-to person in the Twitter Revenue org if anyone wants to know “what is happening” in your region. You will often independently identify issues, problem solve, and with enthusiasm drive solutions - people come to you when they have a tough problem and don’t know how to solve it.
- You will work with our cross functional partners (Sales teams, Revenue engineering, Finance, HR) to ensure successful execution of key projects, while continually finding opportunities for ongoing program improvements and enhancements.
- You will drive operational logistics including optimizing resource allocation across teams, measuring progress against sales goals, and assisting in key sales management meetings.
- You will develop analytical frameworks, tools, and techniques to plan and communicate short and longer term resource needs.
- You will help find opportunities to improve sales team efficiencies, and lead efforts to scale standard methodologies across your vertical/sector.
- You will participate and help steer global initiatives as appropriate and ensure that global initiatives are rolled out properly to every region/sector.
- You will develop, lead & report on key revenue and sales pipeline metrics.
- You will conduct strategic market insights including competitive landscape analysis to help formulate go to market plans.
- You will actively participate in building Quarterly business reviews with the sales teams.
- 6-8 years work experience
- Fluency in English and Japanese (Native Fluency)
- Analytical thinker and structured problem solver.
- Comfortable to work in ambiguity with a bent towards fast execution and iteration.
- Project management mindset on task execution.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with specialisation in marketing, finance, business, or related field of study.
- Experience researching and manipulating complex and large data sets.
- Strong working knowledge and skills in spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using a consulting approach to identify and build go to market strategies
- Facilitation experience and the ability to lead programs such as strategy planning sessions.
- Experience working across multiple functions/ business units, influencing and collaborating with others to successfully implement programs
- Management consulting experience a big plus.
- MBA/MS or equivalent with specialisation in marketing, finance, mathematics, business or related field of study.
- Experience in the digital marketing industry and familiarity with popular digital advertising platforms.
- Experience working with sales operations function/ similar function in other companies
- Familiar with SQL or any other form of database querying language a plus.
- Knowledge of complex analytical packages including, but not limited to, R, SPSS, Stata, and SAS.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!