Research Manager - Quantitative Research
Who You Are:
You’re an experienced manager with a passion for building and mentoring teams of Quantitative Researchers. You have a strong understanding of how to drive product and business impact through quantitative insights. You know exactly when to engage your team with teams across Design, Product, Engineering, and Data Science, what questions to ask, where to probe, and how to implement the most effective research strategies. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy creating a strong team culture through a unified vision, setting clear expectations, mentorship, and having fun. You hold a high bar for rigor and setting standards across research efforts. You’re passionate about Twitter and believe great experiences are always inspired by a deep understanding of the user.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and mentor a team of quantitative researchers
- Develop a long-term team vision for quantitative research. Set team goals, manage project load and timelines.
- Help product teams more deeply understand our customers, brands, and developers
- Help to develop and track quantitative measures of user experience (goals, metrics)
- Collaborate closely with qualitative researchers and data scientists
- Synthesize and integrate multiple data streams, including analytics, survey data, and user research, to insights that lead to a deeper understanding of users and their social and cultural contexts
- Bring complex quantitative data to life in inspiring and compelling ways, e.g. storytelling and highly visual presentations.
- Deliver timely and tangible findings and prioritized recommendations to stakeholders
- Balance company goals and business needs with user needs
- Ensure rigorous standards across our quantitative research efforts
- BS, MS, or PhD in Survey Research, Statistics, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or related field
- 2+ years building and managing a team of quantitative and/or survey researchers
- 5+ years conducting user experience research and/or market research - demonstrated expertise in a relevant field
- Expertise with survey methodologies (sampling, questionnaire design, analysis, experimental design)
- (Preferred) Experience with advanced statistics (regression modeling, cluster analysis) using large data sets large data sets (R, SPSS, SAS, or Python)
- (Preferred) Experience with large data technologies (Hadoop, MapReduce, Pig, Spark, Hive, Presto, or Scalding)
- (Plus) Experience sourcing and managing vendors, experience conducting international research
- Ability to convey complex data in an accessible and meaningful way to non-quantitative audiences
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!