Partner Engineer, Japan (Tokyo)
Twitter has built one of the fastest growing advertising businesses in the world and we’re looking for a Japanese speaking Partner Engineer to join our talented team. You will be responsible for helping keep the Japan ecosystem of partners building/launching new products and enabling the vision of our partners by working in collaboration across internal and external stakeholders.
This is a Mid-to-Senior level role for an engineer who is interested in talking/teaching other developers and who has an interest in how the business side of integrations operate.
Who We Are:
The Partner Engineering team is a highly technical and integral team that works closely with our API engineers and our external partners to help them onboard, build, grow and scale their apps and Ad products on Twitter. You’ll be working with amazing companies from around the world and engaging with developers and product managers to make strategic integration work a reality. You collaborate on the design of our DX (developer experience) for our APIs. You evangelize and support our platform through documentation, SDKs, sample code and detailed reporting and metrics.
Who You Are:
- You have native level fluency in Japanese and comfortable with using the language in business communications
- You are passionate about enabling partners and ecosystems
- You have a passion for Twitter and understand the nature of the platform
- You’re smart, get stuff done, have great energy, and passionate about helping Twitter change the world
- You can deeply understand complex code bases and troubleshooting technical issues from integration across APIs and backend services
- Experience building and maintaining RESTful APIs ideal, but absolutely using them in production
- Triage and drive partner issues, features and requirements with the API and Product team
- Write documentation, drive community engagement and engage with the broader Twitter developer community
- A strong technical background and preferred experience working as part of partner or sales engineering teams
- 6+ years of previous experience as software engineer, technical consultant or partner/sales engineer
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Understanding of API development and software development experience in at least one major language
- Communication and business skills, ideally in presenting to both technical and business audiences
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!