Manager, Publisher Business Development - MoPub
Twitter is looking for an experienced sales and business development leader who will grow and oversee sales with leading mobile publishers and application developers. As Senior Manager / Manager, Publisher Business Development, you will lead a high-caliber, high-impact team of dedicated, hard working sales executives who are responsible for bringing the world's top mobile app publishers to the MoPub platform and driving the next generation of growth for mobile inventory on MoPub Marketplace. This role will report to the Managing Director (Americas) of the MoPub business unit.
This is a highly visible role within the company, as you will be working with some of the largest media companies and mobile app publishers in the Americas to develop long term sustainable partnerships. You will work with client stakeholders and cross functional teams to propose the best solutions for clients to ensure continued customer growth and acquisition. Daily activities will ensure that the entire publisher sales organization has the direction, information, resources and support to successfully execute in the field.
This role requires a deep understanding of publisher needs, significant experience with the mobile advertising industry landscape, and experience managing and building high performing commercial teams.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage and develop a team of sales executives and to achieve aggressive publisher sales goals and create maximum enterprise value
- Coach the team in driving adoption of MoPub’s monetization platform among leading mobile app publishers. Act as a player coach, willing to roll up sleeves and contribute when necessary
- Identify areas of opportunity for the team to pitch MoPub’s value to new mobile app developers and publishers, by leveraging the strengths of the entire suite of Twitter + MoPub products.
- Develop operational goals and support the sales team in achieving them
- Identify and tackle opportunities to improve our sales processes and strategy by driving new sales initiatives from ideation to successful execution end to end
- Synthesize customer feedback to help advance our product roadmap and support the development of MoPub’s value proposition in market.
- Work cross functionally with a variety of internal teams, including Sales, Engineering, Product Management, and other Client Services teams
- Represent MoPub at industry conferences and networking events including participation in industry speaking engagements
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- BA/BS degree preferred. MS/MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- At least 6 years of sales or business development in a mobile-centric business with experience working with publishers
- 1-3 years of relevant managerial experience of a commercial team
- Strong knowledge & familiarity with mobile publisher business models, ad serving, ad exchanges, RTB, Programmatic,, PMP and online ad technologies focused on driving publisher value
- Experience in value-selling advertising technology to publishers
- Unrelenting drive to find, engage, and establish partnerships with premier mobile application developers and publishers
- Proven communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong networking skills with the ability to open doors and build strong customer relationships
- Great collaborator and enthusiastic team player, able to influence and create internal buy-in in order to drive projects without any formal authority
- Strong work ethic and the desire to go the extra mile in order to achieve the best in your work
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco Applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!