iOS Software Engineer - Video
Who We Are
As a key part of the user experience and a significant source of revenue, video is critical to the Twitter platform. All of the video experiences on Twitter - from breaking news clips, to live broadcasts of major events - rely on reliable playback infrastructure to ensure that video plays fast and looks good across a broad range of devices and browsers. Our team is responsible for building Twitter’s core video playback technology across Android, iOS, and Web, and packaging into a library in a way that makes it easy for product engineers to build great video experiences.
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement major components of the iOS Video Player library alongside other exceptional iOS engineers in Twitter’s Boston office in Kendall Square.
- Work on a wide range of problems, from new video playback functionality for an upcoming product offering, to low-level performance optimizations that improve the speed of video playback for our users.
- Develop strong skills and best practices on the team through participation in design, and code reviews.
- Take an active role in team processes and product decisions. From using data and customer insight to help shape our roadmap, to end-to-end ownership of new functionality, you’ll do more than just write code.
- Participate in our learning culture, embracing opportunities to learn from Twitter’s community of iOS engineers, as well as teach others your strengths.
Who You Are
- You want to apply your extensive knowledge of iOS to work on mission critical software that touches hundreds of millions of users.
- You are comfortable using automated testing to ensure that the software we build does what is supposed to.
- You have a track record of delivering reliable, efficient software and systems.
- You have a strong sense of ownership, and a curiosity to learn and understand how things work, even if they take you outside your area of expertise.
- You have experience working closely across a variety of teams including product management, data scientists, and backend engineers.
- Experience with C++ and streaming video technologies is a plus, but a willingness to learn is much more important.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 2+ years of iOS development experience
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!