Engineering Manager - Account Security
Are you an engineering leader who’s passionate about building systems to strengthen the security of users' accounts? Do you love working on challenging problems that require a multi-disciplinary approach, creative solutions, and rapidly-iterating products? Will you be proud to work on world-class systems, products and tools around preventing and detecting account compromise, protecting our users, and solving real-world problems? If so, then come join us!
Who We Are
The Account Security team is a full-stack team with expertise in backend, mobile, and web. Our goal is to protect users' Twitter accounts and identities by applying security standard methodologies. We believe in these principles:
- The best way to address account compromise is to detect and prevent it before it happens.
- Users should have the tools they need to protect themselves and their accounts.
- When we detect a compromise, we should move quickly to restore the account to a healthy state.
On the backend, we continue to maintain and improve Twitter's Login and OAuth systems that powers tens of millions of auth requests every single day. On the product side, we develop security features such as:
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Password Management and Reset Flow
- Login and Device Management
- Compromised Account Detection
- Frictionless Login
What You’ll Do
We believe passion and personality matter. We look for someone who can lead teams of diverse, smart, and driven engineers while balancing personnel challenges with business requirements. We need leaders who take active roles in shaping the future of Twitter engineering while embodying our core values. A successful engineering manager will:
- Lead a team of talented engineers who like to ship code and tackle hard engineering problems.
- Build cohesive, high-functioning teams that thrive in a culture of trust, respect, and inclusion.
- Balance autonomy with guidance by giving your teams the tools, context, confidence, and motivation to make decisions effectively and independently.
- Have the technical capacity to partner with tech leads and be comfortable diving into the fray to help drive resolution in the case of bad incidents.
- Take responsibility for the group’s short-term and long-term strategy. Define the team's roadmap, success metrics, and priorities in close collaboration with other engineering teams and multi-functional partners. Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly.
- Own your team’s deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products that delight our users and customers.
- Initiate collaboration across Engineering, Product, Design, Research, User Services, Trust & Safety, Legal, and Comms to develop high quality end-to-end user experiences and inspire your team to independently do the same.
- Work closely with the Twitter recruiting team to hire high-potential candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Who You Are
- You have experience leading engineers at all levels and you’re skilled at coaching and guiding your directs through their career development.
- You believe in building both teams and products that scale.
- You have a technical background and are able to contribute to planning and design discussions.
- You have a collaborative working style with a strong focus on disciplined execution and results.
- You like to ground decisions in data and reasoning and solve root causes of problems rather than surface issues.
- You are adept at communicating relevant information clearly and concisely.
- You look ahead to identify opportunities and foster a culture of innovation.
Here’s all the legal good stuff:
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!