Director of Consumer Communications
Director, Consumer Communications
Twitter is an iconic service and global platform for self-expression and live conversation. Twitter has always been the best place to see what's happening now. Whether it’s breaking news, entertainment, sports, or everyday topics, only Twitter lets you connect with people anywhere in the world with live conversation. Anything that happens, you see it first on Twitter, and a career at Twitter offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization
Our Communications Team works to tell the stories of Twitter: how people use it, the benefits of using it, the impact it has in the world, and the people behind the platform (our employees).
The Twitter communications team is looking for a Director of Consumer Communications to to provide vision and leadership for results-oriented public relations programs critical to the organization’s communications goals. This individual will be responsible for leading consumer communications and media campaigns that promote understanding of how Twitter brings them closer to what they find meaningful.
This role will work globally and cross functionally to develop and protect the Twitter corporate brand. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of setting the strategy in communicating the value of technology, products, services and/or experiences to mainstream consumers. The Director must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, is a critical thinker, an inclusive leader with strong executive presence, and has the ability to motivate and develop teams and influence senior leaders.
- Develop proactive consumer facing strategy and plans for product launches, partner announcements, and major cultural events.
- Lead regional communications teams in international markets in developing local
- Generate coverage in relevant national and trade media outlets through creative tactics and strong relationships.
- Manage channels of communication with consumer marketing and product marketing teams to identify opportunities that drive user growth
- Immediately mobilize pitching efforts for breaking news stories or unexpected moments that involve Twitter.
- Analyze case studies, market trends, and data to identify key audiences and media outlets to grow outreach and coverage.
- Support incoming media inquiries during incidents of breaking news.
- Create key messaging and briefing materials for company spokespeople.
- Develop and write communications plans, statements and Tweets as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Major in Policy, Journalism, Communications, or related field a plus.
- 10+ years of experience managing press and stakeholder relations at either a consumer product, technology or entertainment company or brand agency
- Experience developing and executing comprehensive consumer campaigns that utilize press, social, influencer and creative executions to achieve clear goals
- Existing relationships with key press in the consumer world
- Executive communications experience - speech writing, media briefing/coaching, C- level support
- Experience building outreach programs and managing stakeholder relations at a national or international level
- Experience dealing with global product and policy issues, product launches, and brand campaigns
- Always engaged and passionate about news and trends in popular culture
- Great writing skills and analytical ability
- Strong leadership and management experience
- Passion for Twitter
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!