Director, Global Head of Brand
Director, Global Head of Brand
Twitter is an iconic global platform for staying informed and talking about what’s happening in the world right now. Whether breaking news, entertainment, sports or everyday topics, Twitter is the best place to join the global conversation. Working at Twitter provides a unique opportunity to be at the center of what’s happening in the world, to make an impact in a fast growing organization, and ultimately to help serve the public conversation. The Global Marketing Team works to define and build the Twitter brand, and communicate the power of this unique service, to existing and future users alike. Come join us!
Twitter is seeking a Director, Global Head of Brand, to drive the brand strategy for one of the most recognizable brands in the world, and to be a champion for everything it stands for. This individual will be responsible for our brand identity and expression, brand governance, for leading global brand campaigns and activations, for leading Twitter’s social media strategy, and for driving innovation in how our brand shows up. The successful candidate will also be a key stakeholder for achieving our overall marketing goals, and a key member of the consumer marketing leadership team. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, is a critical thinker, an inclusive leader with strong executive presence, and has the ability to motivate and develop teams and influence senior leaders. This is a key role that requires deep expertise in building brands, while also being able to communicate that brand at the speed of Twitter. This role reports to the Senior Director, Consumer Marketing.
- Lead Twitter’s brand strategy, helping to take our “what’s happening” brand essence to the next level.
- Drive our brand expression forward, further defining our messaging, visual identity and audio brand, and in new innovative ways.
- Take responsibility for how our brand shows up around the world, how we integrate new products and launches within our brand, and how a broad range of partners represent Twitter.
- Lead flagship brand campaigns and programs, communicating key consumer benefits, and building equity in our brand. Work closely with regional marketing leads and our in-house creative #studio.
- Social channels represent a key, everyday expression of our brand. From some of the highest reaching accounts on our platform (e.g. @Twitter), to off-platform presence on Instagram and Facebook, lead Twitter’s flagship global accounts, and help make Twitter a daily habit.
- Drive innovation in how we communicate the benefit of Twitter to existing users and future users. Our brand is featured in every other media. How do we leverage this to better tell our own stories?
- Manage and develop a team of experienced marketing professionals, with a broad range of expertise, from brand identity to community managers.
- Serve as a trusted leader in the Marketing organization.
- Represent the Twitter brand in everything you do.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 10+ years experience working in high functioning marketing and / or agency teams.
- Proven experience leading strategy for large / influential brands, and helping these brands grow.
- Experience in leading integrated global brand campaigns
- A big thinker who can take multiple, evolving inputs, and condense to simple, powerful positioning and messaging.
- Needs to be a social media thought leader who can help make Twitter the most innovative, forward-looking brand in the world. In this role, you will get to ‘do Twitter, for Twitter’.
- Strong analytical capabilities, with an ability to unearth insights, and tell stories through data.
- Great writing ability - ability to write very clear, focused briefs.
- Strong leadership and management experience with a track record of mentoring teams.
- Comfort with public speaking and pitching ideas to senior leadership.
- A demonstrated passion for Twitter.
This role is located in San Francisco, CA.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!