Design Technologist // Design Systems
Who We Are
Twitter is what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about right now. When it happens it happens on Twitter. Come join our team!
Who You Are
You are a passionate and experienced Design Technologist (UX Engineer) that bridges the gap between design and engineering. You are as passionate about user experience as you are about systems thinking. You care about details, consistency, and quality — at scale.
What You’ll Do
You‘ll play a central role in the design, development, and delivery of Twitter’s business product offerings and internal design system. You’ll foster cross-functional and cross-product collaboration and consistency by working closely with the Design and Research teams, product managers, and engineers. You’ll always champion a customer-centric approach, product consistency, and design excellence through partnership and by paying attention to the details beyond pixel perfection to interactive delight through fluid motion and flows.
- A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 4+ years of relevant work experience in software development.
- Submitting a portfolio is a REQUIREMENT to be considered for this role. Please make sure to have a link to your portfolio included on the resume you include on your application.
- Creation of design systems and componentization.
- Dashboard design and business UX (SaaS or Enterprise).
- Cross functional collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of framer.js would be a bonus.
- Motion physics for complex animations.
- Proactive attitude, effective independently and as part of a team.
- A desire to learn and teach.
Here’s all the legal good stuff: We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!