Deputy General Counsel, Product and Privacy
The Deputy General Counsel Opportunity
Twitter seeks a sophisticated and business savvy attorney to serve as Deputy General Counsel, Product and Privacy. The successful candidate will lead and grow a team of unparalleled product and privacy lawyers. Reporting to Twitter’s General Counsel, you and your team will work on many of the most exciting legal issues at Twitter. You will partner in projects and initiatives that influence all aspects of the business. The team is an integral advisor to the Engineering, Product, Revenue Product and Design teams, and your leadership and expertise will drive creative, customer-focused, practical and proactive legal guidance. Twitter is a culture where everyone rolls up their sleeves and digs in to work, and this role is no different. You will be a working leader and manager of the team. We are investing in growth of the team and are looking for a leader who can develop a best in class Product and Privacy legal team as well as develop future world class leaders.
Who We Are Looking For
This role requires a seasoned leader of a high-performing legal team who has 15+ years of experience, with a mix of in house and law firm experience. A background in consumer and advertising technology is a plus, along with an understanding of consumer internet services, online advertising, and web/mobile developer tools.
We are looking for a diverse set of candidates who:
- Have superior leadership, management and process, and relationship building skills;
- Build strong and long-term relationships of trust and influence with stakeholders around the company;
- Work to have a deep understanding of the perspective of clients and customers when finding solutions;
- Are known for being incredibly strategic;
- Creatively solve problems and can enable us to take calculated and informed risks, starting from a place of “yes;”
- Are experienced leaders in product or privacy legal with a demonstrated track record of success working with Product and Engineering teams and leadership;
- Excel at building processes and ways for Legal to integrate into them;
- Can point to a track record of building strong successful legal teams and developing talent;
- Communicate clearly, concisely and with conviction; and
- Demonstrate a growth mindset.
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Active bar membership in at least one U.S. jurisdiction - preferably California
- A minimum of five years experience managing a team of lawyers required
Here’s all the legal good stuff: We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!