Data Scientist, APAC (Singapore)
We are considering candidates for both junior and experienced positions.
Who we are
The Data Science team based in Singapore has the charter to understand user behavior and accelerate user growth for Twitter, especially in international markets.
We work on a mix of longer term analysis (such as how can we be smarter about how we send emails and notifications to our users; or how can we measure the impact of various user acquisition efforts) and shorter term tactical work (such as opportunity sizing for certain campaigns). The common thread between all the analysis we do is to seek to have a better understanding of how our users are engaging with our products.
What you’ll do
Your work with our large amounts of structured and unstructured data to understand how our users are using the product, and communicate these insights with stakeholders (product managers, executives, business decision makers etc).
For more experienced hires, you will own important project areas from start to finish. That work includes defining an important roadmap of data science work and executing it. You are highly technical and hands on but you wear a product manager hat easily to make your projects successful.
Who you are
- You care about people:
- You have fundamental respect for all people
- You are in awe of the ability to understand and help 100s of millions of people
You are great at:
- Extracting and transforming data from systems like Hadoop and SQL, using tools such as Pig, Scalding, Hive, Presto
- Exploring and visualizing data to drive insights
- Applying machine learning techniques for a variety of modeling and relevance problems involving users, their relationships, their Tweets and their interests.
- Designing and implementing metrics that help teams focus on what to optimize for
- Understanding A/B testing and are able to statistically interpret experimental results
- Working with Product Managers, engineers and designers to understand where data can be helpful
- Transforming complicated problems into simpler, tractable ones
- Communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Engineering, or other quantitative discipline
- Some experience with one or more object oriented languages like Java, Scala, C++
- Some experience with scripting languages like Python or Ruby etc.
- Some experience with statistical programming environments like R or Matlab
- Bonus points:
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with large datasets and Map Reduce architectures like Hadoop and open source data mining and machine learning projects
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!