Creative Technical Program Manager
Who We Are
The Global Brand Strategy team are looking for an outstanding technologist to join an ambitious team creating innovative digital experiences for the world’s top brands and their agencies.
Our mission is to partner with advertisers to push the creative possibilities of the Twitter platform and technologies. We strive to create work so good our users and brands will proactively want to talk about it.
What You’ll Do
You’ll be responsible for architecting solutions and managing development efforts from inception to ship. You’ll bring your experience and unique perspective as a user experience-focused technologist to the brainstorm to help shape ideas.
Working in cross-functional teams with internal and external stakeholders, designers, strategists and other technology leads you’ll be a crucial teammate in bringing innovative ideas to life.
You’ll become an expert in Twitter’s platform and technologies to bring human-centric ideas from sparks of inspiration to measurable, launched experiences that solve the business objectives of Twitter’s top advertising partners and delight our users.
Who You Are
- You’re a highly driven creative thinker who has a history of uniting creativity with technical expertise and full stack development experience to consistently deliver innovative digital programs.
- You have a track record of delivering scalable technology strategy and architecture recommendations for client engagements;
- You’ve managed the implementation of technical projects, including setting client expectations and assessing project risks.
- You’re comfortable tracking project issues and developing mitigation and contingency plans.
- You have a passion for emerging technologies, current with industry trends and their application.
- You are exceptionally clear and precise in communication to a wide range of internal and external audiences, both technical and non-technical– from DBAs to CMOs.
- You possess a strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making.
- 5+ years engineering or development experience at a creative agency delivering innovative technology for major brands, agencies, or media partners
- 2+ years experience managing complex projects, leading teams and managing client interactions for large multinational brands
- Excellent understanding of best practices across technologies (client/server-side, big data, mobile, QA, deployment, project management, etc.)
- Strong grasp of architectural principles necessary for designing scalable, extensible and maintainable systems
- Experience in working with APIs and webhooks and a strong understanding of their implementation
- Experience assessing and developing relationships with external vendors and solutions providers
- Hands-on experience working with Twitter’s public APIs
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and productivity tools
- Hands-on development experience with highly-available, scalable software and services
- Knowledge about Twitter platform, functionality and ad products
- Experience working with Twitter’s premium and enterprise APIs
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!