Vice President of Tax and Treasury
Twitter seeks a sophisticated, creative, and strong finance executive with a blended background in tax and treasury to join us as the Vice President Tax and Treasury. This visible and impactful executive will lead Twitter’s strategic treasury and tax initiatives with the support of a world-class team. The mandate includes global ownership over Twitter’s tax structure and planning, foreign currency strategy, investment portfolio, and capital structure. The Vice President Tax and Treasury will lead a global team, report to the Chief Financial Officer and partner closely with our executives, Board, and other global stakeholders in a collaborative manner.
Twitter’s Vice President Tax and Treasury is responsible for the daily operations and strategic direction of the Company’s global treasury function. In this capacity, she / he will oversee global cash management, debt compliance, banking relationships, account structures and systems, foreign exchange and corporate risk management. In addition, this leader will be charged with developing and implementing tax planning strategies for our U.S. and International companies, global tax compliance and managing federal, state, local and international tax issues.
This person is a key member of Twitter’s finance leadership team and reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer. The position will also be responsible for leading, growing, and managing a global, seasoned team of finance professionals. In addition, the successful candidate will design and implement best practices to support the growth of the company in collaboration with stakeholders throughout the company including executives in Legal and other finance leaders. She / he will function as the key contact for outside service providers, and other tax, banking and financial service professionals.
- Serve as lead tax advisor to our management team, responsible for supporting the team on all tax aspects of the business
- Oversee the preparation of all jurisdictional tax payments, on a timely basis, on behalf of all shareholders
- Oversee all federal, international and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support
- Advising on the tax consequences of business transformation initiatives and operating strategies
- Maintain strong relationship with external auditors. Interface with outside tax consultants (accounting and tax counsel) and other professional associates related to all tax matters.
- Represent Twitter and review audits of federal and state income tax and state and local filings
- Establish internal tax policies and documentation requirements
- Research and evaluate tax issues
- Oversee global treasury management including cash forecasting, uses of cash, maximizing returns, maintenance and compliance of investment policy and debt covenants and ad hoc cash flow analysis
- Lead all of Twitter’s global FX risk management strategies. Develop FX hedging policy in partnerships with other stakeholders, and track, monitor and determine appropriate FX exposures and strategies
- Handle all cash management functions to ensure adequate liquidity of working capital needs for all of Twitter’s U.S. and global entities
- Oversee global bank relationships and negotiate banking service fees
- Ensure that the Company’s bank accounts and payment processes have the appropriate security and segregation of duties in place
- Manage the cash / investment management processes and procedures
- Implement new treasury technologies, products and services to improve operational efficiency
- Oversee cash reporting and assists in the preparation of the monthly cash forecast
- Operate as the key finance contact for resolution of fraud and banking issues
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree, with emphasis in accounting or finance. Master’s Degree and CPA preferred
- A minimum of 25 years relevant experience. Ideally gained through a combination of Public Accounting or Law and in-house positions. At least 10 years of which include functional and leadership responsibilities in a treasury / tax department within a global corporation
- Experience of working at a fast-paced, dynamic multi-national public company environment, ideally within the technology space
- Executive presence and with strong presentation skills. Ability to collaborate effectively with senior management, internal business units and external advisors
- Experience of leading a team of 10+ individuals
- Experience working at a publicly traded $1B+ technology company
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!