Product Marketing Manager, Data & Enterprise Solutions
Twitter data powers business decisions and drives improved customer-focused outcomes. Twitter data also helps developers tap into what’s happening & build innovative solutions.
Who we are
For the Twitter Data & Enterprise Solutions business, there are always new markets to explore and new ways in which our data can support critical businesses decisions. We think the public conversation data that our users share on Twitter is a world-changing asset; it allows businesses, developers and academics to answer this question:
“What is the world thinking on any topic, at any time, from any place?”
Twitter APIs support a wide array of solutions that help businesses tap into the public conversation on Twitter to better understand and respond to their customers and markets. Our Data and Enterprise Solutions marketing team values trust, communication, collaboration, and impact. Join us in making Twitter one of the most useful tools brands have to make decisions and improve their business.
What you’ll do
This cross-functional role will work closely with the product marketing team, product management and sales to establish the go-to-customer and product marketing requirements for Twitter APIs. You will create and own both launch and sustaining marketing plans for the marketing performance of a portfolio of products, across a number of industries and customer segments. You will translate your understanding of the customer journey and Jobs to be Done frameworks into inspiring product stories, new ways of engaging our audiences, and work with the demand gen team to identify campaigns that create interest in our product offerings.
Who you are
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with a roll-up-your-sleeves and “get stuff done” mentality. This is a fast changing business environment, and the ideal candidate will be looking to grow their product marketing skills, building upon business and creative experience while working collaboratively with an experienced product marketing team. You approach new areas with curiosity and are excited to learn how social data from Twitter can solve brands’ most daunting business challenges.
As part of your core mission, you will:
- Define customer personas and communicate those with internal stakeholders to drive alignment and informed decision making
- Represent the buyer’s journey to other marketing and product teams to ensure a consistent, relevant customer experience
- Develop messaging, positioning and briefs for the creation of highly effective content and marketing programs
- Translate complex product concepts into simple, creative, and impactful product communications and content that resonate with customer segments and solve for their business objectives
- Work collaboratively with product management, marketing, legal/communications, support and sales to successfully launch APIs globally and locally, leading to product adoption and retention
- Use data-driven business models to optimize acquisition and retention funnels across all direct and indirect routes to market, working with demand generation
- Use customer feedback and data to inform initiatives that drive awareness and adoption of products and features
- Identify and nurture customer success stories to share as public-facing case studies
- Establish and track metrics that matter
The role requires strong interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills as well as a high level of comfort collaborating in a matrix environment, working across Product, Content, Demand Generation, Partner, Sales, and Business Development organizations.
- 5+ years experience in enterprise- or developer-focused software product marketing
- Customer-first orientation, with experience launching software products
- Outstanding teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to execute and prioritize within a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to take initiative on projects and drive complex issues to resolution, particularly across diverse teams and cross-functional stakeholders
- Highly detailed-oriented, with strong organization, written, and verbal communication skills
- Fast-learner, with a positive attitude, curiosity and willingness to try new things
- Understanding of data and Twitter’s developer ecosystem a plus
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!