Senior Product Manager - Privacy and Transparency
The Twitter Consumer product team is looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead the strategy and execution of our vision for providing transparency and privacy to our users. We are looking for a Product Manager with deep experience designing products that let users make thoughtful choices about their personal data, and with collaborative skills to work across organizations and stakeholders on user advocacy. The right candidate brings a passion for privacy, simple user experiences, operational excellence and technical rigour.
Privacy at Twitter is of the highest importance to us. We believe our users should always know what data we collect from them and how we use it, and that they should have meaningful control over both. We want to empower our users to make the informed decisions about the information they share with us and do so in a user-friendly way. This Product Manager role will be integral to this effort.
What You'll Do:
As the Product Manager on Privacy and Transparency:
- You will collaborate with a cross-functional team of public policy, safety policy, legal, engineering, design, product marketing, research and communications, to develop new privacy and transparency products and improvements to ensure we are constantly improving how we serve our users
- You will communicate product vision and priorities to internal and external partners
- You will provide input on proposed and upcoming privacy-related projects around the company
Who You Are:
- You have significant experience working on privacy products at a consumer technology company
- You have a track record of shipping end-user focused products
- You have empathy for user problems, and an ability to distill insights into the right product answer
- You have strong interpersonal skills and experience handling input from stakeholders
- 2+ years of experience working in privacy and/or transparency product management
- Experience working on a significant product roadmap from strategic inception to launch
- Proven experience leading large cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline preferred
- Legal or policy experience an added bonus
At Twitter, we have a bold aspiration to reach every person on the planet. We believe that goal is more attainable with a team that understands and represents different cultures and backgrounds. Twitter is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to everyone, regardless of their race, color, ancestry, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran or any other legally protected status.
“San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!