Senior Manager, Strategy and Operations - Consumer Product
The Video team is responsible for the core consumer video experience on Twitter. Video is becoming the best and fastest way to see what’s happening. A picture can be worth a thousand tweets. A video can be worth a thousand pictures.
We want to be the first place for users to publish and share video that the world wants to see and discuss. We want to be the best place where people find video that is timely, relevant and engaging. We want to build a video foundation that is fastest, most reliable and performant. Come help us build a newer, better Twitter!
- As an individual contributor, supports the Director of Strategy & Operations to orchestrate the overall strategic planning process for Twitter Video Engineering, Product, Design & Research (EPDR) teams, including 6 month product roadmaps, goal setting, and investment planning.
- Participates as part of the Video EPDR leadership team, facilitating key decisions and driving execution across both product and business objectives.
- Manages the operating rhythms across Video EPDR team, enabling the team to execute with speed and efficiency.
- Communicates priorities, activities, and results to the larger team, while ensuring deliverables are met. Has a strong pulse and feedback loop on the team needs.
- Helps build a successful and healthy team: review, design, and execute on improvements to org structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them, design optimal workflows, and align internal processes.
- Represents Video EPDR as key liaison in coordinating with other internal planning functions (e.g. Finance, HR, etc.). Identifies and takes on ad hoc strategic projects - everything from defining new opportunities to executing cross-functional initiatives.
- Develops content and drives communication across Video EPDR and rest of the company, communicating regular product updates, key results, and consolidating strategic plans for review with the Twitter executive team and the Board.
- BA/BS degree.
- 8+ years experience preferably with 3+ years of experience in product management or engineering and 5+ years of experience in management consulting or business strategy/ operations/ planning.
- Experience working in a consumer focused technology company.
- Experience in managing resourcing/staffing, and having worked directly with the C-suite/VP level on a regular basis.
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success.
- Utilize data and metrics to understand underlying trends and identify course corrections.
- Excellent written & oral communication and presentation skills.
- Lead and influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization.
- Trusted advisor and thought partner to executives and to team members.
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information.
At Twitter, we have a bold aspiration to reach every person on the planet. We believe that goal is more attainable with a team that understands and represents different cultures and backgrounds.
Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!