Lead Product Marketing Manager, New Products
Twitter data powers business decisions and drives improved customer-focused outcomes. Twitter data helps developers tap into what’s happening & build innovative solutions.
Who we are
For the Twitter Data & Enterprise Solutions business, there are always new markets to explore and expand into, and new ways in which our data can support critical businesses decisions. Twitter APIs support a wide array of solutions that help businesses tap into the public conversation on Twitter to better understand and respond to their customers and markets.This is a roll-up-your-sleeves and get stuff done position that’s perfect for a product marketer who has experience working on new initiatives, with a track record on defining market opportunities and developing new business lines within fast-changing industries.
What you’ll do
This role will set the go-to-customer and product marketing requirements for new DES products, and also for potential new markets for existing products. The role is accountable for the marketing performance of these products, across all commercial routes to market and across all the segments. As a lead product marketing manager, you will be responsible for helping to define the market opportunity as well as the go-to-market strategy for these products.
Who you are
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a combination of traditional business skills – critical thinking data-driven analysis, the ability to work cross-functionally – and the creativity to come up with new marketing strategies and tactics to acquire customers in a highly competitive market as well as launching and overseeing new projects.
This position reports to the Head of Marketing of DES. As part of your core mission, you will:
- Develop and execute on long term strategy for the new product pipeline, in collaboration with other functional leads, particularly product management and business development
- Develop messaging, positioning and briefs for the creation of highly effective content and marketing programs
- Represent the buyer’s journey to other marketing and product teams to ensure a consistent, relevant customer experience
- Provide market and business insights (third party research, qualitative and quantitative customer insights) to product teams in order to influence and refine short and long-term product strategies
- Act as a change agent, guiding teams forward in a rapidly evolving environment
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, Partner and Product teams to develop and execute business plans that deliver annual and quarterly sales goals
- Drive cross-functional efforts to execute on actions that drive customer acquisition and retention success, measuring outcomes and course-correcting when necessary
- Collaborate with Finance teams to understand and forecast every component that makes up our quarterly and annual new/renewal revenue success
- Use data-driven business models to optimize acquisition and retention funnels across all direct and indirect routes to market, working with demand generation
- Partner with demand gen to establish and operate campaign frameworks that deliver best in class customer acquisition
- Develop and maintain deep understanding of customer segments, and provide insights back to product teams that result in improved product capabilities and experiences
The role requires strong interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills, as well as a high level of comfort collaborating in a matrix environment, working across Product, Content, Demand Generation, Partner, Sales, and Business Development organizations. Other tasks may include contributing to the development of strategic initiatives, preparing for executive presentations, developing content, and creating new solutions to addressing customer needs.
- At least 7+ years of product marketing experience, as a product lead or business owner within an enterprise software business
- Data-oriented and analytical, with a focus on content performance
- Customer-first orientation, with deep global experience working with enterprise or SMB customer segments
- Fluent in customer lifecycle management, data analysis and performance measurement
- Highly detailed-oriented, with strong organization, written, and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to take initiative on new projects and drive complex issues to resolution
- Experience working cross-functionality with international and diverse teams: Comm’s, Creative Services, Demand Generation, Product Management and Engineering
- Fast-learner, with a positive attitude and willingness to try new things
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Potential for domestic and international travel
- Ideal candidate will have a strong academic background; MBA is a plus
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!