Head of US Content Partnerships - News
Who We Are
Twitter is seeking an exceptional leader to oversee the US News Content Partnerships organization reporting directly to the Head of US Content Partnerships. This is a rare opportunity to lead during a period of rapid development and growth, ultimately capitalizing on the content, revenue, and partner relationship management opportunities in the US News vertical.
- Develop and execute plans to grow revenue and Twitter product adoption among News content partners. This includes managing renewals of existing partnerships and signing new ones.
- Develop cross-platform sponsorship packages for advertisers in concert with Twitter partners that stem from an overall sponsorship programming strategy.
- Create new models and user experiences in news.
- Turn these new models into scalable programs with compelling go-to-market strategies and marketing materials.
- Devise innovative executions that deliver reach and incremental revenue to partners.
- Drive sponsorship program success by working with your counterparts at our news partners to develop the go-to-market plan (pricing, packaging, etc.), creating marketing materials and training partner sales teams.
- Champion Twitter partners internally, providing feedback product and business processes.
- Gather and synthesize feedback from Twitter Sales and Brand Strategy to set content priorities.
- Assist Twitter Sales in pitches to and ongoing relationships with brands.
- Develop long-term sponsorship programming strategies across content genres.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams at Twitter to maximize partners’ relationship with Twitter (e.g. Content Sales, Partnership Solutions, Comms, Marketing, etc.).
- Collaborate with Content Partnerships leads in other regions on global programs.
- BS or BA, with MBA/JD or equivalent preferred.
- 8-10+ years client facing experience in media, content, and/or sales partnerships.
- Experience working in the news industry with established relationships with key leaders in the industry.
- Sales, business development, strategy and project management experience.
- Concrete record of sponsorship creation and partner management.
- Experience with Twitter's promoted products and overall advertising model.
- Demonstrated success working with cross-functional teams (product, engineering, legal, marketing, communications, finance, sales, brand strategy, etc.).
- Ability to develop working relationships at all levels of management - externally and internally
- Ability to translate complex concepts into action plans and clear communications.
- Strong track record of executing strategies that align with company and department goals.
- Proven track record of successfully building senior partner relationships and a team capable of driving partnerships through cross functional collaboration.
- Knowledge of mobile and internet products and technologies; well-developed product sensibility and experience leading creative discussions regarding potentially innovative, unique and engaging content and product offerings.
- Creative, innovative thinker who is also operationally rigorous and detail-oriented.
- Passionate news fan and avid Twitter user.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!