Head of Content Partnerships, Canada/LATAM
Twitter is seeking an exceptional leader to oversee the Content Partnerships organization in Canada and Latin America. This is a rare opportunity to lead during a period of rapid development and growth, ultimately capitalizing on the content, revenue, and partner relationship management opportunities across the verticals of Sports, News, Entertainment and Lifestyle.
The leader of this Content Partnerships team will bring a combination of business leadership, strategic thinking, content and media negotiation expertise, senior-executive partner and agency relationships, analytical/creative problem solving, deep product knowledge, team building, and a general manager’s perspective.
Charged with establishing and growing Twitter’s content partnerships in the both countries, and subsequently scaling revenue opportunities to achieve Twitter's next horizon of growth, she/he will create and implement an executable and well understood strategy to improve and extend existing content partnerships and relationships, while creating new ones that deliver upon the company's commercial objectives.
Reporting directly to the Global VP & Head of Content Partnerships at Twitter, the ideal candidate will have extensive experience leading teams throughout Canada and Latin America, with articulated successes in and around the content partnerships space/business.
What You’ll Do:
This role demands you to think and act strategically about complex matters that need innovative and scalable approaches.
- Strategy and Direction: Build upon a successful partnerships team for Twitter by developing effective strategies and plans that continue to build the global footprint of partnerships and increased penetration and usage of Twitter’s products and services. Strategies and plans should focus on the objectives of our partners and brands as well as the company’s own product offerings. Establish a collaborative business relationship between Twitter and our partners to drive further innovation and solutions.
- Delivery: Realize Twitter’s full potential across our partnerships (Sports, Entertainments, and News), ensuring we are capitalizing across all opportunities available. Exceed applicable partner product adoption and usage goals as well as revenue objectives and other key performance metrics.
- General Management: Take an active talent management approach to onboard, mentor and inspire the leading partnerships team in the industry. Recruit and lead a world-class team, create a “high performance” culture, focused on delivering superior value to our partners and developing trust-based, long-term business relationships.
- Technology and Processes: Drive development and implementation of customer relationship management and activity tracking systems as well as key account planning tools, trackable KPIs and accountability.
In terms of how you’ll do it, when it’s all said and done, you will have demonstrated leadership, fortitude, creativity, influence, people instincts, and the ability to be both operational and strategic.
- Revenue diversification and growth QOQ and YoY for Canada/LATAM
- Grow video revenue in Canada/LATAM
- Set and drive clear strategy and OKRs across all verticals in Canada/LATAM every quarter ensuring alignment and seamless collaboration internally and externally
- Manage and deliver a pipeline of content for Canada/LATAM that allows Twitter to hit quarterly and yearly revenue goals
- Maintain and establish new executive relationships with content publishers and advertisers across the region
- Evangelize internal and external needs to cross functional teams and to influence product roadmap decisions/prioritisation
- Drive the Canada/LATAM GCP team with clear focus and prioritisation across all verticals to meet our full revenue potential in the region and to exceed product adoption and usage goals
- Evangelize partner and advertisers needs to the product team in an effort to influence product roadmap decisions/prioritization
- Work closely with cross functional leaders including the Head of Sales to drive a cohesive strategy which results in shared goals and targets
- BS or BA, with MBA/JD or equivalent preferred
- 8-10 years client facing experience in Canada/LATAM media, content, and/or sales partnerships with experience in (a) new media / web products and (b) television
- Experience working with the news, entertainment, and sports industry
- Established relationships with key leaders in the industry
- Sales, business development, strategy and project management experience
- Concrete record of sponsorship creation and partner management
- Experience with Twitter's promoted products and overall advertising model
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (product, engineering, legal, marketing, communications, finance, brand strategy, etc.)
- Ability to develop working relationships at all levels of management - externally and internally
- Ability to translate complexity into action plan and communications
- Strong track record of setting and executing strategies that aligns with company and department goals
- Proven track record of successfully building senior partner relationships and a team capable of driving partnerships through cross functional collaboration
- Knowledge of mobile and Internet products and technologies; well-developed product sensibility and experience leading creative discussions regarding potentially innovative, unique and engaging content and product offerings
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!