Employer Brand Designer
Who We Are
Twitter is the window to the world. Our mission is to give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers. We believe the open exchange of information can be a compelling force for good in the world, and have built Twitter to be the real-time public platform for authentic voices, conversations, and ideas. That is what makes Twitter unique.
We are empowered to use our creativity and follow our passions to serve the public conversation and we do it as a global team with smart, talented, and humble people. The Talent Experience team’s mission is to innovate and create to enable Twitter to hire and engage the best talent so we can achieve this mission. The Employer Brand Designer helps achieve this mission by executing creative design for communicating our employer brand to the world. As our acting in-house employer brand designer you will develop content and collateral that will help us tell Twitter’s unique employer story to attract, hire, engage, and inspire top talent.
- Create employer brand creative content including job ad design and layout, template design, employer brand communications materials, employer brand photo shoots and editing as well as design layout for digital & social recruiting properties.
- Assist in designing collateral for recruiting events, ensuring excellence in representation of the organization's purpose, values, and employer brand.
- Acting in-house graphic designer for employer brand activation, partnering with our marketing and communications teams, to develop materials that bring to life our Employer Value Proposition.
- Collaborate with various internal stakeholders to efficiently and accurately translate project needs into functional design and to ensure creative is in alignment with Brand Design Standards and Employer Brand standards. These groups include, but are not limited to, Marketing, Communications, Employer Brand Program Manager, Talent Acquisition Digitalization Lead, University Recruiting team, and our Talent Acquisition Leadership team members.
- Produce final art and digital files leveraging advanced skills in design tools.
- Maintain creative within our employer brand toolkit (our talent acquisition file sharing toolkit). Upload and update creative as well as provide uncomplicated instructions for using the files.
- Act as a trend-spotter for modern design thinking, innovations in marketing communications and design technologies.
- Assist with ideation, concept development and employer branding strategy.
- Create, communicate and present design concepts to team leaders.
- Partner with external creatives including photographers and videographers for onsite shoots.
- Communicate fearlessly to build trust; you will bring a strong perspective that inspires change and motivates to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- This is a contract position through the end of 2018.
Who You Are
- You successfully translate company brand guidelines into employer brand designs.
- You take an innovative approach to problem solving and storytelling, with a commitment to quality, accuracy, and consistency.
- You are a high energy individual with strong communications skills.
- You are highly organized and detailed-oriented; with the ability to handle simultaneous projects with moving parts.
- You are able to work with evolving systems and structures, demonstrating the flexibility to adapt to changing environments.
- You take initiative and work independently
- You possess as strong presence and level of comfort engaging with team members of all levels.
- You successfully demonstrate capability for creative problem solving and identifying solutions.
- Talent Acquisition Leaders
- Agency Partners
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to solve complex communications problems through the application of design skills e.g. ideation, typography, layout, color theory, contrast, spatial, visual presentation/speaking skills.
- Basic understanding of web design including HTML and CSS, as well as web design standards preferred but not required.
- Good understanding of photography and video production and managing photographers and production teams. Preferably you have direct photography skills.
- Strong project management and iterative design skills including a strong sense of leadership for your creative process and an attention to project deadlines & budget.
- Excellent design thinking skills; you can take something that is deficient or incomplete and turn it into something amazing. A basic understating of social media marketing preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe’s Creative Suite and iWork, Google Drive and Microsoft Office applications.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- Minimum 4+ years experience.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco Applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!