Legal Counsel - MoPub
Who We Are
Twitter is looking for an outstanding commercial attorney to support MoPub, Twitter’s mobile programmatic exchange and network mediation solution. This is a unique opportunity to provide comprehensive legal support to a global supply side platform in a fast-paced, challenging, and fun team environment. You must bring exceptional business judgment and creativity to your daily role, and have a track record of collaborating and thriving in a ever-changing legal and business landscape.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our global Commercial Legal team, you will primarily support MoPub, Twitter’s mobile advertising exchange, with a focus on negotiating, drafting and reviewing a wide variety of mobile advertising related agreements, including supply and demand agreements, data partner and vendor agreements, services agreements, inbound and outbound licenses and other commercial agreements. You will work closely with Legal Department colleagues and business leaders advising on legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to the commercial deals you support. You will help us to build and structure scalable tools and processes to support a fast-growing global sales organization.
Who You Are
- Review, draft and negotiate mobile advertising related agreements, including supply and demand agreements, data partner and vendor agreements, services agreements, inbound and outbound licenses and other commercial agreements
- Identify and inform appropriate stakeholders of business and legal risks for commercial deals
- Review and advise marketing and communication teams about marketing, PR and sales materials
- Respond promptly to legal requests from Sales, Business Development, Product, Marketing, and other client groups
- Deliver timely, pragmatic, and business-focused legal counsel to your clients
- Create and improve standard form agreements and legal processes that scale globally
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and legal colleagues on drafting, development and implementation of advertising and other policies.
- 4+ years of legal experience, with at least 2 years of in-house experience, ideally in a fast-paced Internet, mobile ad platform or technology company
- Significant experience in drafting and negotiating advertising and sales-related contracts
- Strong track record of advising clients in structuring a wide range of commercial transactions
- Substantial understanding of intellectual property, mobile advertising, data, privacy, and contract legal issues
- Strong organizational agility and a demonstrated track record of managing multiple, urgent projects concurrently
- Effectiveness in managing project expectations, upper level management reporting, and escalation management
- Strong work ethic
- Familiarity with contracts management systems and workflow applications, preferably Jira, Salesforce and Apttus.
- A good sense of humor
- JD degree from an ABA accredited law school
- Excellent academic credentials
- California Bar admission in good standing (or qualified for and willing to apply immediately for and maintain Registered In-House Counsel status with California State Bar)
“We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.”
“San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.”
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!