User Researcher, Publisher Experience
Who We Are:
Twitter is seeking an experienced User Researcher on a contract basis to be part of our Advertiser/Publisher Experience Research Team.
Our research helps inspire, design, and build the products that fuel Twitter’s mission to give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers. We have a direct impact on product strategy, roadmaps, and the detailed design of new experiences that help both the biggest brands tell their stories in innovative ways to help publishers large and small fulfill their dreams by connecting with new customers. We are part of a larger design and research team that’s full of amazingly talented and fun people who are passionate about Twitter’s ability to help people see beyond themselves and connect with the larger world in a meaningful way.
What you’ll do:
As a user researcher you will help everyone focus on the publisher. In this role, you will create understanding and empathy around publisher needs, stated and unstated, for your entire product team including designers, product managers, and engineers.
In this role you will work with Design, Engineering, and Product to build in research at multiple stages of the product development process. Also partner with product teams to identify where we should evaluate ideas, concepts, and existing experiences, and assist the team in making critical design decisions affecting the user experience. You will develop a research approach, schedule, and detailed plan for each project and deliver timely and tangible findings and prioritized recommendations to stakeholders
Who You Are:
If this sounds like a fit for you, you probably have:
- Understanding and execution of a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods and how to synthesize them together. Methodologies may include experimental design, log analysis, surveys, ethnographic field research, in-depth interviews, lab and remote usability testing, heuristic evaluations, card sorting
- Balance company goals with user needs and help product teams more deeply understand our users
- Working understanding of research with business customers or advertisers (B2B research experience)
- In-depth understanding of user-centered design principles and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated, quick learner, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects
- 4+ years conducting user experience research and/or market research is preferred - with a good understanding of both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- BA/BS or Graduate degree in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Computer Science, or a related field
- Familiarity with advertising technology industry and products
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
In accordance with U.S. immigration law, we will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!