Supply & Demand Planning Program Lead
Who are We:
Twitter Supplier Engineering team is seeking an experienced and motivated Supply & Demand Planning Lead passionate about developing demand signal generation, supply plans for building out large scale hardware infrastructure.
The candidate will have a proven operational track record in working with demand-supply plans to develop server rack build plans, master production schedules, simulating materials requirement plans, and leading product transitions for server/storage systems and key components.
What You'll do:
As a Supply & Demand Planning Lead, you will be responsible for validation of demand signals, creating supply plans (master production schedule), developing and maintaining hardware replenishment plans, align efforts with Hardware Engineering on new product transitions and Datacenter Engineering around hardware delivery and deployment. You will integrate a wide variety of server capacity plans into a single sourcing plan necessary for delivering hardware capacity to a complex supply chain ecosystem for Twitter’s growing hardware fleet.
This position will offer an exciting work environment, multi-functional exposure and chance to create an impact on Twitter's Infrastructure delivery and customer satisfaction by driving processes, solutions and tools for Infrastructure Planning.
Who You Are:
- You will collaborate with Platform Engineering and developers in sizing server capacity requirements for Virtual Machines, CPU and Hadoop services based on utilization levels
- You will develop spend forecasts for capital expenditure.
- You are accountable for developing server and rack build plans, and communicate these to Data Center and Network teams to ensure short-long term capacity requirements
- You will evaluate risks, plan and implement contingency plans to mitigate supply constraints to support infrastructure demand
- Work with finance, operations, and engineering to perform cost and requirements analysis for current and future projects
- You will apply statistical techniques on fulfillment and supply inventory datasets to: i) measure results and show trends, ii) identify causal impact and attribution, iii) model and predict stocking levels.
- Maintain & publish business metrics for server and network hardware
- You can quickly master technical tools, including SQL queries, bash commands and other command line tasks.
- You can be the local go-to person for any data question or quantitative insight
- Degree in Finance, Business, Supply Chain, Economics or other quantitative field.
- Strong Excel spreadsheet knowledge.
- Experience in server capacity provisioning, planning and provisioning for compute and hadoop services for deployment in data centers
- Experience involving quantitative data analysis to solve problems.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications, especially in technical engineering discussions.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, with a persistent attention to detail.
- Gather and define tooling and process requirements to improve the Twitter hardware delivery lifecycle.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Key competencies required in this position are infrastructure acumen, a working knowledge of finance, interpersonal savvy, planning, priority setting, problem solving, and time management. There is a strong process and systems focus.
- Experience working in fast-growth, large-scale environment
- Experience planning and building large-scale compute clusters
- 5+ years experience with demand/supply Planning /MRP.
- Experience with SQL and other processing languages.
- Experience with scripting languages, regular expressions, etc. Experience with tableau
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.