Software Engineer - Real Time Storage Group
Who We Are:
Twitter’s globally distributed, real-time communications network generates trillions of events and petabytes of data per day. To handle this scale, As engineers on our Real Time Storage Group, we build world class distributed databases, caching, and messaging infrastructure.
What You’ll Do:
- Real Time Storage Group- We are building Manhattan, our real-time, multi-tenant distributed database for Twitter scale. Distributed in-memory storage solutions that offer low latency and high throughput at Twitter scale.
- Cache- We are the team that builds a large scale distributed caching system for Twitter.
- Operating our own systems at hyper growth levels is a rewarding challenge, it is what helps make us great. We are a tight knit and passionate group that loves working together, and we are looking for exceptional additions to our flock. You will empower dozens of engineering teams, hundreds of co-workers, and millions of users to dream of new insights and new possibilities.
- Check out these links for more details:
- Our Blog
Who You Are:
You enjoy new challenges and are passionate about continually pushing the envelope of scale. You take satisfaction in building resilient, high-performance, and thoroughly tested systems that can power the most business-critical applications. You want to learn, work with, and contribute to cutting-edge open-source technologies.
The ideal candidate has experience with distributed storage systems such as Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB or MegaStore, BigTable or experience with messaging technologies such as Kafka, Zookeeper, Memcached or Redis and actively makes contributions to open-source software.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation).
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Java, Scala, C, C++, or another modern systems language.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!