Software Engineer - Real Time Storage Group
Who We Are:
Twitter’s globally distributed, real-time communications network generates trillions of events and petabytes of data per day. To handle this scale, As engineers on our Real Time Storage Group, we build world-class distributed caching and databases.
What You’ll Do:
- Cache - We are the team that builds large scale distributed caching systems, optimized for low latency for making Twitter real-time. For more details, check out our blog posts (Cache Blog 1, Cache Blog 2)
- Manhattan - We build Manhattan, our real-time, multi-tenant distributed database for Twitter scale. Manhattan can operate as an eventually consistent store, supports strong consistency and can run as in-memory storage for low latency and high throughput use cases at Twitter scale. For more details, check out our blog posts (1, 2, 3, 4)
- Operating our own systems at hyper-growth levels is a rewarding challenge, it is what helps make us great. We are a tight-knit and passionate group that loves working together, and we are looking for exceptional additions to our flock. You will empower dozens of engineering teams, hundreds of co-workers, and millions of users to dream of new insights and new possibilities.
Who You Are:
You enjoy new challenges and are passionate about continually pushing the envelope of scale. You take satisfaction in building resilient, high-performance, and thoroughly tested systems that can power the most business-critical applications. You want to learn, work with, and contribute to cutting-edge open-source technologies.
The ideal candidate has experience with in-memory caching systems such as Memcached, Redis or distributed databases such as Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB, BigTable and actively makes contributions to open-source software.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation).
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with C, C++, or another modern systems language.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.