Creative Technology Lead, Brand Strategy
Twitter’s Brand Strategy team partners with advertisers to create experiences that deliver outsized impact and attention. They do so by developing custom ideas, strategies, and technologies on top of consumer insights and Twitter data that achieve marketers' KPIs, connecting a company’s brand and products to specific target audiences. The Brand Strategy team is tasked with both “thinking big” and “thinking pragmatically” on behalf of advertisers and their media and creative agency partners.
As the Creative Technology Lead in the EMEA Brand Strategy team, you’re an experienced technologist who will lead an established team comprised of a TPM and Brand Program Manager (BPM) supporting the UK, France, Spain and Middle East. In addition to overseeing a team and region, you will be relied on to ideate, vet, plan, partner, test, and execute creative, never been done before programs that leverage the strengths of Twitter to achieve the business objectives of our top advertising partners.
This role requires toggling back and forth between leading, coaching, and delegating, while also owning delivery and implementation of key technical programmes and campaigns. In partnership with the wider Brand Strategy team - you and the production team will work closely with the Twitter sales team and brands/agencies to translate their business requirements into an engineering approach that is executable on the Twitter platform.
Responsibilities in overseeing the team
- Oversee and manage the EMEA Brand Strategy Production team, comprised of a TPM and BPM (both based in London)
- Maintain & build on a culture of innovation, collaboration and shipping programmes to a high standard, while creating a healthy environment for experimentation and learning
- The Creative Technology Lead is ultimately responsible for all projects shipped by the team within the region, and therefore expected to drive and oversee communications for all technical program executions and to effectively allocate resources and delegate projects and responsibilities amongst team objectives
- Development of tools, processes, and documentation to optimize and evolve Brand Strategy's various product/technical solutions and offerings and to shape the wider production organisation
- Lead relationships with external technology vendors and partners; leverage these relationships for project research and the development of new solutions
- Collaborate cross-functionally within the Twitter organization, working closely with product and engineering teams to achieve Brand Strategy goals and to identify enhancements to be made to the Twitter platform to better support advertiser engagements.
Responsibilities in project delivery
- Define pragmatic architectures and solutions for high-value advertisers to build and execute effective advertising campaigns on the Twitter platform
- Provide accurate work estimates and make resource requests and allocations based on project requirements and budgeted scope
- Manage implementation projects, including client expectations and project risks. Track issues and develop anticipatory mitigation and contingency plans.
- Produce and maintain core project artifacts including schedules, status reports and technical documentation
- Participate in new business opportunities; develop technical implementation proposals and scopes of work, presenting at all levels of a client’s organization
- Develop a scalable technology strategy and architecture recommendations for partner engagements
- 8-10 years experience delivering innovative technology for major brands, agencies, or media partners; prior people management experience required
- Expertise in managing complex projects, leading teams and managing client interactions for large multinational brands
- Demonstrable leadership abilities in changing, ambiguous and challenging situations
- Passion for web and emerging technology and software development, current with industry trends and their application
- Ability to spot opportunities in product roadmap and digital technology trends that can translate into creative advertiser applications
- Excellent understanding of best practices across technologies (client/server-side, QA, deployment, project management etc.)
- Strong grasp of architectural principles necessary for designing scalable, extensible and maintainable systems
- Experience in working with APIs and webhooks and a strong understanding of their implementation
- Experience working with Twitter’s Streaming and REST APIs
- Masters degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and productivity tools
- Hands-on development experience with highly-available, scalable software and services
- Knowledge about Twitter platform functionality and ad products
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!