Senior Software Engineer- Full Stack - Advertiser Experience
Twitter.com is one largest and most popular websites in the world. Our code operates at massive scale and speed, serving billions of requests per day, connecting hundreds of millions of active Twitter users to real-time information about their lives and the world we live in.
We’re excited to announce that Advertiser Experience (AdEx) organization will be opening its first engineering outpost in our New York office. The new team will work in close collaboration with the AdEx engineers, product managers and designers that are currently working from our San Francisco based headquarters. The team will have the support of already established engineering teams in New York office with best practices and resources to lean on.
Are you looking for an opportunity to help us build the new team, lead projects, mentor extremely smart junior engineers and take your skills to the next level while having a huge impact? Read on.
Who We Are:
The Advertiser Experience team is responsible for all interfaces between Twitter ad products and advertisers through which most of Twitter’s $2.44B in revenue flow. These encompass desktop UI, mobile UI, and programmatic access via APIs. Our products are used by advertisers of all sizes – from the world’s largest brands and agencies to SMBs and personal brands. We play a vital role in affecting all advertising revenue at Twitter. We achieve this by working closely with Product Managers, Designers, and User Researchers with a focus on scale, usability, performance, and impact. We’re a truly full stack team with expertise in mobile, web, and backend and our culture emphasizes creative problem solving, fast iteration and execution.
Internally, all of Twitter’s sales teams depend on our products 24/7 and engineers from across ads build upon the advertiser experience platform we create.
Twitter's Advertiser Experience is heavily web centric and we're committed to adopting a state of the art client side development stack. We're one of the early adopters of a bunch of modern web technologies (see below) and it's a great opportunity to learn or grow your skills around state of the art web technologies.
Details about stack:
- Client: React.js, babel, flow, redux, less css.
- Server: Finatra, web server written in Scala
- Services: Thrift services based off of Twitter Server written in Scala
- Data Processing: Mapreduce jobs written in Scalding and real time jobs in Storm
- Mobile client: Native iOS and Android along with web views
Who You Are:
- You’re smart, get stuff done, have great energy, and passionate about helping Twitter change the world
- You have experience to design and implement awesome new features through innovation and data-driven iterations at Twitter scale
- You want to push limits of product innovation using the latest advancements in technology and methods - working closely with product managers, designers and other engineering teams
- You work best in an environment with a sense of urgency and can rapidly iterate on product/platform features
- Strong algorithms, data structures and coding background
- Deep experience shipping large-scale full-stack applications
- Deep experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience developing modular user interfaces, and familiarity with modern CSS frameworks, tools and workflow
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!