Senior Network Engineer
Who We Are
Twitter's Backbone Network Engineering team manages a fast-paced, constantly growing and evolving global network that seeks to provide a reliable, high-performance and secure network behind one of the world's largest websites and social media platforms.
Who You Are
You are a Senior Network Engineer who is highly proficient and has had hands-on experience with high density backbone and datacenter networking topologies, configuration, security, troubleshooting, and traffic management.
What You’ll Do
Deployment of network devices in datacenters and POPs
Provisioning and turn-up of transport/transit/peering
Configuration, testing and validation of hardware and circuits
Definition of configuration and architecture standards
Qualification of hardware and software
Trouble resolution and escalation 24x7 On-call rotation
NMS configuration, validation and operation
Tracking and planning of capacity
Documentation of incident post mortems
Proactive performance and uptime monitoring
Change management, process, documentation & response procedures
Lead consistent improvement by refining tools and automation
- Expert understanding and hands-on experience with internal routing protocols and configuration, specifically ISIS, OSPF
- JNCIE or equivalent experience with Juniper platform
- Extensive knowledge of BGP, MPLS configuration and management
- Extensive knowledge of high connection rate load-balancing
- Understanding of transit relationships and Internet connectivity
- Working knowledge of large backbone and datacenter networks
- Fundamental understanding of CDN, DNS, Anycast and traffic engineering
- B.S. in computer science or similar field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in high capacity networking within the datacenter (>1Tbps)
- JNCIE or equivalent vendor certification
- 8+ years of direct involvement with network configurations in a high demand/high capacity production environment
- Proficiency in multiple hardware vendor syntax including Juniper, Arista, Force10, Cisco
- Experience with A10 and/or F5 load balancer hardware and software
- Advanced knowledge of network security including IDS, DDoS, Firewalls, and other distributed attack schemes
- Operational experience with netflow and / or Arbor
- Experience with scripting in Python and automating network operations activities
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco Applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!