Senior Manager, Vendor Management
Title: Senior Manager, Vendor Management
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Who We Are
The User Services team helps the world enjoy Twitter by highlighting the best of our platform and providing continual support around the clock. We're the voice of the user at the company, working with product teams to provide insights that drive innovation. Within User Services, the Vendor Operations team manages relationships and strategies with large managed service providers and enables the organization to effectively operate at scale.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Manager of Vendor Management, you will lead a cross-functional and global team of 5+ Vendor Managers to drive both strategic and operational innovation in a fast paced, dynamic environment. You and your team will be responsible for various aspects of our supplier engagements including governance, contracts, and financials across multiple international sites. The ideal candidate is a team player who has extensive experience managing both people and relationships with BPO vendors while being a champion for optimizing customer experience. We are looking for someone who enjoys rolling up their sleeves and using data to make informed business decisions. The position is based in Dublin, Ireland.
More specifically, you will:
- Serve as the team lead responsible for driving the vision and POV for our Vendor Management in each region, providing a link between our key business stakeholder teams and vendor partners.
- Develop, Lead, and Coach a cross-functional and global team of 5+ vendor managers to foster continuous learning and development within the organization and also support the team’s career advancement.
- Develop vendor strategies and implement industry best practices into our existing outsourcing delivery model.
- Maintain relationships and governance with vendor executives and leads across multiple delivery centers around the world.
- Develop and run strategic initiatives for intelligently scaling customer support operations through SLA management, process excellence and technology enhancements.
- Drive capacity plan decisions, infrastructure improvements and cost optimization strategies in coordination with internal and external partners.
- Innovate existing processes through influencing and collaborating with key stakeholders across operations and product teams.
- Facilitate end to end RFP’s and contract negotiations with strategic sourcing and procurement.
- Utilize metrics and analytics to make key business decisions and optimize costs.
- Review sensitive and potentially disturbing content including but not limited to vulgar language, hate speech, violent threats, pornography and other graphic images.
- Communicate fearlessly! Open, concise, accurate and timely communication with your team is a must.
Who You Are
You will have a real passion for vendor management, managing career focused and motivated individuals, impeccable attention to detail and, of course, tons of enthusiasm for helping Twitter provide unwavering support to its growing global audience.
The ideal candidate has:
- International people management experience (managing teams that are not co-located).
- Experience in vendor management, customer service, and large scale operations.
- A consistent track record of managing complex projects and strategic initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills for both operational and financial metrics.
- Ability to negotiate extensive and competitive contracts.
- Experience working in hi-tech, online, or BPO industries in a customer support environment.
- Active, passionate Twitter user with strong interest in social media.
- BA/BS degree or local equivalent; advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in vendor operations.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a people manager and/or equivalent coaching/leadership experience
- Ability to travel up to 25% to global vendor locations.
- Experience working with content management systems, administrative tools, databases, troubleshooting IT issues, etc.
- Strong background in metrics and data analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!