Senior IT Application Engineer
Who We Are
At Twitter our IT Enterprise Applications team focuses on implementing and supporting applications to help our internal customers meet their operational needs. We are responsible for establishing processes for continual improvement, guiding administration, and partnering with multiple stakeholders on a project-to-project basis. Our mission is to keep our business running effectively while maintaining a healthy application environment.
What You’ll Do
To support the development of Twitter’s non-product corporate suite of Java applications.
You will partner with internal customers to enable a seamless experience. You will work with the IT team to maintain some of our critical Java applications, partner with internal customers to build new features, review code for partner-developed projects, and coordinate site deployments.
Who You Are
To strengthen our growing team, we are looking for an experienced Software Engineer for our Java application team to help guide the design and development of highly scalable applications built on top of platforms like AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) and the Atlassian suite, as well as support and build custom Java solutions deployed within Twitter's infrastructure.
If this sounds like you, you probably have experience with:
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Developing conceptual and detailed technical specs
- Strong algorithms, data structures and coding background
- Experience with software engineering practices (e.g., unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- A dedicated and enthusiastic approach to solving problems
- Proficient in writing server-side application logic
- Reviewing all technical components of the implementations including code reviews, and oversight of overall code management, integration testing and UAT
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Experience in developing highly available, heavy traffic customer facing web applications.
- Must be able to brainstorm and communicate technology ideas and issues with peers, software architects and IT management
- Proven ability to manage to deadlines and meet cost constraints.
- Development experience in core Java, J2EE, RESTful web services.
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading / caching)
- UX -Modern front end frameworks (Angular, jQuery/ Extjs, Bootstrap, LESS, etc.)
- CI/Testing/Build/Source - Experience with Continuous Integration and Automated test execution and building tools such as Jenkins, and Maven
- Working knowledge in Git, Maven and Artifactory
Ideally, you would also have experience with:
- Development experience on applications such as AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) or the Atlassian collaboration suite.
- Experience developing on OSGi web frameworks such as Spring and Apache Felix.
- Experience deploying applications to Dev, QA, Production environments.
- Any Familiarity with Tag management tools like using Adobe DTM familiarity with A/B Testing and Adobe Target
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Apache Mesos/Apache Aurora - Twitter's platform technologies
- Experience with personalization and SEO in web projects and related SEO best practices
- Any previous experience with CQ5
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 6 years experience within an enterprise environment
- Background working within an Agile environment
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.”
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!