Senior Agency Development Manager (London)
As the Agency Development Lead at Twitter, you will play a key role working with one of our key holding companies. You’ll help develop strategic relationships, from the global holding company-level to individual agencies of all types (creative, media social, PR), to ensure that we deliver optimal value to agencies. We want agencies to innovate breakthrough programming featuring Twitter; the Agency Development Lead will play a critical role in arming agencies with the knowledge and tools to develop and sell in these ideas to their clients. You will be accountable for driving revenue growth and relationships with key agency partners via strategic alliances, education, client partnering and ideation directly with the Agencies.
- Serve as a liaison between agencies and Twitter to help them develop and build first class programs for brands
- Explain and demonstrate how and why individuals use Twitter to help marketers identify and inspire authentic uses of Twitter for their brand or clients
- Develop and conduct educational bootcamp-style training to inform about best practices for using Twitter.
- Work with agencies to uplevel their creative thinking and structure programs that deliver positive business impact for their clients
- Work with agencies to document and merchandise innovative uses of Twitter:
- Discover, catalog and 'case' great Twitter usage stories and evidence that will help shape the agency, brand and media world's understanding of how brands can use Twitter
- Provide an overview of the Twitter ecosystem, including owned- and operated-Twitter properties and third party products and services that rely on the Twitter API, e.g., power-user platforms, campaign management, and analytics services
- Consult about use and set up of Twitter data, visualizations and other ways to display real-time Twitter activity within agency and brand environments
- Advise agencies about programs and (re)structuring they might consider to increase the knowledge, or improve the performance, of their internal account teams
- Ensure that agencies’ voice, opinions, ideas and feedback are being conveyed back to Twitter and its Marketing and Product Development teams.
- Provide input to Product Marketing & Product teams about advertiser insights and needs for new products, features and solutions
- Work with Product Marketing and Packaging teams on sales materials development
- Partner with sales to develop agency support plans
- Grow agency relationships to increase Twitter fluency and grow revenue across major accounts Innovate Twitter-led programs that further build relationships and increase Twitter fluency among agencies
- BA/BS degree preferred: Masters degree or equivalent experience a plus
- 10+ years marketing experience in an agency or media sales support function with a focus on emerging and social media
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about a particular industry and/or product set
- Deep expertise in social media platforms, and demonstrated experience in Twitter best practices
- Strong client-facing skills.
- Comfortable with presenting to clients and agencies—in both small or large groups
- Familiarity with agency holding companies and strong relationships across the agency landscape
- Ability to partner within cross-functional teams Ability to consult and bring ideas to the table
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to build internal networks to accomplish goals through collaboration with resources across teams
- Strong writing and copy editing skills
- A self-starter who takes initiative and is action oriented
- Can balance the need for quick turnaround with longer-term strategic efforts Is flexible and can deal effectively with changes in priorities or ambiguity Is driven and solution-oriented and can overcome obstacles to drive projects through completion
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment
- Strong PowerPoint and Keynote skills
- Alignment to Twitter’s vision and core values
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!