Product Manager, Media Understanding
San Francisco or London
Who We Are:
Twitter is the best place to stay informed about what’s happening, with images, GIFs, videos and Periscopes all forming an important part of this global conversation.
We’re using machine learning to better classify and filter the huge volume of media content that is shared on Twitter and are looking for a senior product manager to lead the vision, product strategy, and execution of this ‘Media Understanding’ initiative.
What You'll Do:
Working with an expert team of machine learning researchers and experienced services engineers, you will be responsible for building and executing on a roadmap of applied machine learning services that will allow us to filter and classify all of the media shared on Twitter.
As a champion for data-driven thinking and attention to detail, you will work to both improve the health of the public conversation through barring banned and sensitive media content from our platform and also help us recommend the best media content to our customers based on a deep understanding of what it’s about.
As such, you will:
- Develop, communicate and execute a roadmap of applied machine learning features based on the needs of stakeholders from across the company which you’ve identified through close consultation.
- Collaborate with both consumer and revenue teams to measure and improve the impact of these services and be able to explain this in a clear, accessible way.
Who You Are:
- You’re personable, empathetic, and able to connect and communicate with customers and stakeholders from across the business, regardless of their role or specialism.
- You’re able to simplify and present technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders to explain impact and drive buy-in.
- You’re data-driven and detail-oriented with strong analytical abilities.
- You’re a clear and effective communicator, both in person and in writing.
- You’re comfortable and experienced with leading through influence rather than authority.
- You’re driven to get things done with a focus on impact and a growth mindset.
- You have a Masters in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Applied Mathematics or Statistics, or equivalent work experience.
- You have at least a working knowledge of Computer Vision and Machine Learning basics.
- You have had hands-on development experience with highly-available, scalable software and services
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!