Sr. Mgr, Platform Operations
The User Services team is responsible for providing support to Twitter’s global consumer base, as well as providing services and partnership to numerous teams internal and external to Twitter. We are at our customer’s service, with empathy, speed, and innovation. Within User Services, our Platform Operations team focuses on scaled enforcement, technical operations, and protecting the Twitter brand and our user’s experiences by preventing abuse across the Twitter platform. Platform Operations is now hiring for a deadline-focused leader with exceptional experience driving large-scale and high-impact tooling and process strategies, while leading cross-functional initiatives to improve overall platform health and operational efficiency and effectiveness.
What You’ll Do
As a member of the User Services Leadership team, you will contribute to both shaping the strategy of the department and working with your team to create and execute against key objectives. In this role, you will lead a global team to defend the Twitter platform from scaled attacks. Responsibilities will include leadership, global site strategy, organizational strategy, quarterly goals, team metrics, attack response protocol, cross-functional collaboration, performance management, vendor partnerships, financial forecasting, vision casting, and more. You will design, develop, and maintain an improved scaled enforcement function, while driving some of Twitter’s top priority projects, deadlines and deliverables.
You will also:
- Prioritize daily tasks against ongoing projects, SLA targets/backlogs, and incidents.
- Lead a dynamic and global team of technical analysts, with a mission to eliminate all customer exposure to content which violates Twitter’s terms of service.
- Work closely with the global User Services leadership group to shape the strategy and roadmap for the department; execute the organization’s strategy and key objectives.
- Be the spam, abuse, API enforcement, misinformation, manipulation, coordination, automation, information quality, and overall scaled enforcement subject matter expert within the User Services team; be the first point of contact for related inquiries.
- Keep the team focused and aligned on the big picture, while placing team goals ahead of individual motivation.
- Foster career growth through active management by means of coaching and mentorship, including performance management.
- Provide active management for senior/tenured members of the organization, as well as provide coaching for others outside of your direct reporting chain.
- Influence external organizations to come to consensus when there is opposing opinions and positively align on a direction in the interest of Twitter
- Gauge and contribute on both a macro and micro level for all the projects being lead, managed, and/or driven by your team.
- Become a trusted partner for internal and external stakeholder teams (i.e. external vendors, procurement, Product, Engineering, Legal, ML Platform, etc.), helping them understand how Platform Operations can help drive solutions for global Platform Health.
- Establish team goals and work with direct reports on strategies for executing, measuring progress, and sharing results.
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations, and influence team/org level strategy through effective communication.
- Be exposed to sensitive or graphic content including but not limited to vulgar language, violent threats, pornography and other graphic content.
- Run our global on-call rotation, ensuring accurate assessments of the severity of spam and API related incidents and timely and effective responses/solutions.
- Drive empathy and passion for our user’s trust and experiences, across the company.
Who You Are
If this role sounds like a great match, you probably have:
A passion for being a Twitter user, internal tools, catching spam, putting online attackers “out of business”, and ensuring overall platform health and consumer safety.
- Strong interest in anti-spam and anti-abuse strategies; knowledge of relative industry standards and best practices.
- Experience with content analysis, pattern recognition, and applied statistics.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and are an analytical thinker, great at navigating complex issues, experienced in analyzing large data-sets, a fantastic team-player, and you thrive in dynamic environments.
- Industry wide recognition as a leader who can help contribute in shaping successful scaled enforcement strategies and operations.
- An uncanny ability to forecast market trends and prevent new mutations in platform attack patterns.
- Strong track record in providing mentorship and guidance for your team and fostering growth both at a professional and personal level.
- Amazing attention to even the smallest details, ability to seek (and retain!) knowledge, share and apply it in the future.
- Advanced technical operations skills; the ability to quickly adapt to new tools and processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven success in teaching complex topics in an interactive and engaging manner.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience (i.e. Data Analysis, Research, Risk and Fraud investigation, etc.).
- 5+ years of leadership experience.
- 5+ years experience in online spam or platform operations, security, policy enforcement or related area.
- Strong communication and listening skills. Proven success in and genuine enthusiasm for working directly with internal product, engineering, operations, and policy teams.
- Deep understanding of financial forecasting, budget management, and the financial planning process.
- Expert level change management skills; you can guide a team through external challenges or internal changes to strategy, projects, or business direction.
- Ability to drive empathy and passion, for our consumer’s experience and trust, across the company.
- Interest and ability to learn and apply additional coding languages in order to solve business problems.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!