Global Video Solutions Sales Lead, Japan (Tokyo)
As Global Video Solutions Sales Lead you will be a part of a cross-channel team working closely with Product, Product Marketing, Sales and Ad Operations to grow Twitter’s video advertising solutions in Japan.
In this role, you will be a both a product expert and top seller/evangelist. You’ll work in close collaboration with a Video Operations Strategy counterpart, Japan Sales leadership, and Global team to craft multi-quarter go-to-market plans for Twitter’s Video Ad Products and be highly focused on in-market, in-person meetings with clients. You will be responsible for galvanizing a large sales organization to deeply understand the video landscape/our product suite & motivating them to take this knowledge into market with key clients and agencies.
- Deeply understand Twitter’s Video Ad Products & the wider video advertising landscape, and transfer this knowledge across a large sales team
- Motivate & excite internal teams to speak with new clients, pitch our new solutions & shift perceptions of Twitter in the video buyer’s mindset. Attend these meetings as the “expert” and inspire clients & sellers alike to try new solutions.
- Collaborate with the Sales teams to understand client goals & objectives, recommend best practices, identify accounts for new revenue growth, sell strategically, craft solutions and position the sales team for success.
- Help catalyze a rapidly developing Japanese Video Marketplace by thinking up new ways to partner with content creators, agencies, etc- and come up with a plan to execute these longer term ideas
- Deliver value to Twitter Sales teams via deep product knowledge, strong analytical abilities, communication skills and subject matter expertise of brand marketing.
Success Looks Like:
- Drive broader adoption of Twitter’s newer video ad formats & cross-product buying behavior
- Exceed quarterly video product revenue targets
- Spend a large % of your time in-market with clients and agencies
- Invent new ways of partnering with agencies, clients & publishers: find solutions that work and scale them across the market
- Increase the sales teams proficiency in selling video advertising, e.g., measured by post-training exams
- Identify core challenges to growth & collaborate across multiple stakeholders (marketing, sales, research, ops, etc) to deliver on short/mid/long term projects addressing these challenges
- BA/BSc degree (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant experience)
- 5-10 years of related experience in the digital or media industry with at least 2+ years dedicated to brand advertising
- Working knowledge of ‘brand’ agency ecosystem (e.g., Dentsu, Hakuhodo, ADK, and other media/creative agencies), including major influencers and decision-makers in and outside of the digital space
- Motivated team-player who consistently strives to exceed goals/targets and push revenue expectations
- Relentlessly positive attitude and incredible work ethic
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, attention to detail, and a bias for proactively resolving issues
- Aptitude and preference for working in small, collaborative teams
- Willingness to travel
- Strong quantitative skills and/or background involving finding trends and opportunities within data
- Experience leading complex, multi-stakeholder projects that last more than 1 quarter
- Internally- and/or externally-recognized thought leader regarding advertising shift to digital and video
- Demonstrated ability to speak at large conferences and “hold a room”
- Ability and enthusiasm to share ideas and best practices, as well as represent the Japan market in an international organization (i.e., in English and in Japanese)
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!